Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a used True DD-1 - what am I missing? (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a used True DD-1 - what am I missing? (pics)

After a lot of research here, I picked up a True Direct Draw-1 for $500 on Craigslist. The internal air temp was just under 40 degrees, so I'm hopeful it will work out. It did not come with a CO2 tank, and after calling around, it seems there are several places near me that will refill a tank but not rent them out, so I will be buying a new CO2 tank and cleaning kit through micromatic.com. The seller also threw in what appears to be a D coupler and a regulator, as well as the lines.

I am obviously buying new beer and gas lines, but want to know if I can use these in any way. There is some calcium buildup on the coupler, and it also appears to be missing the following for the coupler: (1) check valve; (2) gas hose nipple; (3) coupling hex nut. There is a pressure-release valve, but it does not have the pull ring.

Can I reuse the hex nuts on the lines? Do I have everything I need for the regulator? I'd like order everything I need all at once. Thanks!
    Last edited by snert; 12-05-2009, 05:39 PM. Reason: Bad link

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures, here is a link to my Picasa page:

Picasa Web Albums - pharrigan - Kegerator

Comment

Check E-Bay and Craigslist for couplers and CO2 tanks. Will the placed you are looking to get your CO2 fill your tank...or only exchange it?

If the coupler were a MicroMatic...then it would be easy to order all of the parts for it. But that does not look like an MM coupler. The hex nut and nipple are easy enough...but I'm not sure what type of check valve the gas lines uses. It the check valve for the beer line OK?

That regulator looks really funny...but that could be because it has such a short "tube" that connects to the CO2 tank.
      On tap:
      1/2 bbl of Lienenkugel's Original

Gone, but not forgotten: (Sadly, Walter Payton's is gone)
      Sixtel of Sam Adams OctoberFest
      Sixtel of Walter Payton's Peat Smoked Scotch Ale
      Corny of Payton's Dancing Bear Honey Wheat
      Corny of Walter Payton's Aurora Amber Ale (both a malty and extra hoppy version)
      Corny (3 gal) of Coconut Rum and Cola
      Corny of Walter Payton's Beauregard's Blueberry Ale
      Corny of Walter Payton's Sweetness Stout on Nitro
      Corny of Rock Bottom's Belgian White Ale

Comment

Originally posted by snert View Post
        After a lot of research here, I picked up a True Direct Draw-1 for $500 on Craigslist. The internal air temp was just under 40 degrees, so I'm hopeful it will work out. It did not come with a CO2 tank, and after calling around, it seems there are several places near me that will refill a tank but not rent them out, so I will be buying a new CO2 tank and cleaning kit through micromatic.com. The seller also threw in what appears to be a D coupler and a regulator, as well as the lines.

I am obviously buying new beer and gas lines, but want to know if I can use these in any way. There is some calcium buildup on the coupler, and it also appears to be missing the following for the coupler: (1) check valve; (2) gas hose nipple; (3) coupling hex nut. There is a pressure-release valve, but it does not have the pull ring.

Can I reuse the hex nuts on the lines? Do I have everything I need for the regulator? I'd like order everything I need all at once. Thanks!
        It appears you have most of what you need. I do agree replacing beer line etc. Take the faucet apart inspect the rubber clean or replace depending on the condition. As far as the coupler goes, you may want to replace it too. My TDD 1 with the thermostat at 2 1/2 gets down to 31 deg. before the compressor shuts off (air temp.) closer to 40 deg. for beer temp. You do know the flex. tube hooks up inside the tower.

Comment

snert,

Don't have a TDD but I did buy a B-a-n-n-e-r coupler as back-up for a Haier, think I got it from Kegkits. The pressure relief didn't come with ring, exactly like your picture (just pull to vent gas), body is a little different but figure construction is the same. The gas check valve that came with coupler was as follows:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...s-pid-752.html

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...d-FT86-20.html

with these 2 parts and the nipple you have (I think I see the nipple attached to the gas line connected to regulator with hex nut. If you need to buy the nipple it looks like this:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-pid-526E.html

Think the coupler can be rehabbed with these parts but you can try using different check valves and parts to see which works best. The coupler I got the links from is the last "D" coupler for beer with white lever. Hope this helps.

KB

Comment

Working...
          X