Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high pitched sound comming from condenser area

hello again,

i bought a beverage air dd68 a while back and recently its been making this high pitched sound that comes from the kegerator, around the condenser i think. does anyone know what this is? it still is keeping temperature and is kicking on and off normally, but might something be going wrong?

thanks.

Could it be a fan bearing going out?

Comment

maybe? it comes on at seemingly random times. and it only comes on for a few seconds. ( i think that i forgot to mention that )

Comment

More than likely pvs6 is correct. You probably have a condenser fan motor going out. Time to replace the motor.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

also, i have an external thermostat, and this sound happens while there is no power going towards the kegerator, it kinda sounds like a pressure thing? but idk.

Comment

Well if the fan and compressor isn't running via controller what else is there? 3 things come to mind basically. You're hearing something that isn't there or always was but didn't notice it. 2 Squeal come from somewhere else other than the kegerator but throws it's voice to make you believe it's the unit. 3 The only thing moving with power off could be the freon settling back down to the lowest point for temp. Noise is vibration which requires movement and power off leaves little room for movement so are you just making up things to stomp the chumps by adding new implausible details for a lark? Cause if you're not playing with us and it ain't 1 2 or 3 then you're kegerator is possessed or haunted and you must get it out of the house Now before it harms someone.
            Last edited by pvs6; 11-23-2009, 05:06 AM.

Comment

ill call ghost busters.

Comment

You won't believe the noises I hear after pulling my tap back eight or so times in an evening.
                Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by gregariousness View Post
                  also, i have an external thermostat, and this sound happens while there is no power going towards the kegerator, it kinda sounds like a pressure thing? but idk.
                  Nice little tidbit of info.

Are you absolutely sure that the noise is not coming from the evaporator fan motor (the one inside)? That fan runs continuously whether the compressor is running or not.

And "freon settling" would sound like a hissing noise at the evaporator & would only last a few seconds after the compressor shut off. Also, the refrigerant would not settle towards the compressor, it is too hot. The refrigerant would only migrate towards the compressor if it were colder than the evaporator. Not likely if the unit had been running.
                  My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                  "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                  -Dave Barry-
                  "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                  Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                  -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                    Are you absolutely sure that the noise is not coming from the evaporator fan motor (the one inside)? That fan runs continuously whether the compressor is running or not.
                    yes, im sure. when the thermostat shuts off the kegerator everything looses power, not just the compressor. also the noise is defiantly not coming from inside the cooled part, its on the outside.

Comment

Do you have a fan for tower cooling or to move the air inside that you added and runs fultime on it's own power source? Where is the temp. controller located, in back? Are there any other electrical appliances near the kegerator, a light, clock or something that could account for the noise? You said it's random and doesn't last long but maybe you could turn the unit sideways or even completely around so the next time it comes you might be able to get your ear right down next to it and better locate the source. Is it a buzzing or a squeal or a whining noise?

Comment

Working...
                      X