want to replace locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to replace locks

hello friends, i bought a beverage air dd-68 a while back, and the previous owner didn't have the keys to the two door locks. i'm looking to replace them, but the only ones i can find are the official beverage air replacement parts running at $25 each. i've looked around a lowes and the only ones i can find are for a door 1/2inch or less, my door is around 1 and 1/2 inches. any ideas?

thanks

Grainger, McMaster-Carr or MSC Direct would be good places to try.

But couldn't Bev-Air just sell new keys?
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by gregariousness View Post
      hello friends, i bought a beverage air dd-68 a while back, and the previous owner didn't have the keys to the two door locks. i'm looking to replace them, but the only ones i can find are the official beverage air replacement parts running at $25 each. i've looked around a lowes and the only ones i can find are for a door 1/2inch or less, my door is around 1 and 1/2 inches. any ideas?

thanks
      If you are on good terms with the owner of your local watering hole, and they have Bev Air coolers, ask if you can borrow a key. Many of those units are keyed alike & if you're lucky it will fit. If it does all you need to do is get a copy made. Or you could pull the lock & take it to a locksmith. It's no big trick for them to make a key.

THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

ha. thanks guys. for some reason i didn't even think about getting new keys, i was so focused on the new locks. i emailed bev air and asked a csr to send me a new set. so she did. sweet.

Comment

what was the customer service email address?

Comment

i just emailed sales@bevair.com and then i guess it was fowarded to a csr. its been over two weeks and i still haven't recieved the keys... weird. good luck.

Comment

Yea i just emailed them yesterday hopefully it will work out for us. Was youre unit brand or used, and did the beverage air people ask you?

Comment

i bought mine used... all they asked was if the key had groves on both sides. i looked online and thats what the stock keys are like. so i guess they were indirectly asking if the locks had been replaced. i had no idea so i said yes, then they asked for my address.

Comment

i just the two keys in the mail yesterday, but neither of them work. One of them just about fits, but doesnt turn.

Comment

same. i thought it was beacuse i got too much paint in them... but since you said that i guess not....

Comment

i bet the locks that we recieved from bev air were for newer units.

Comment

Working...
                      X