Your favorite beer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite beer!

What would you like to have on tap? And who drinks when viewing this forum?
    when is it actually 5-clock somewere?.......it is 5'o clock here when working on my car,talking to good freinds, or even camping or fishing. Is it only me though, that for some reason when one is out camping or fishing there is absolutey nothing wrong about popping one open at 7-9 am!

What I'd LIKE to have on tap and what my marriage can stand to have on tap are two completely different things. What I like is a very hoppy IPA - Stone, Harpoon, DFH, Long Trail IPA all fit the bill. What my wife will tolerate is Miller Lite (since one can get drunk very quickly on several pints of IPA). So, I keep the Lite on tap (the friends like it too) and keep the really good stuff in the bottles. Once in a great while, I splurge and **** of the better half and get a small keg of the good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by miller lite man View Post
      What would you like to have on tap? And who drinks when viewing this forum?
      My favorite beers are in my signature. And I drink when I read any forum.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by Hophead View Post
        What I'd LIKE to have on tap and what my marriage can stand to have on tap are two completely different things. What I like is a very hoppy IPA - Stone, Harpoon, DFH, Long Trail IPA all fit the bill. What my wife will tolerate is Miller Lite (since one can get drunk very quickly on several pints of IPA). So, I keep the Lite on tap (the friends like it too) and keep the really good stuff in the bottles. Once in a great while, I splurge and **** of the better half and get a small keg of the good stuff!
        Another reason I'm glad I home brew.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Looking at this forum is like being very hungry and watching a steak and hotwing comercial! you almost need to be drinking when viewing this forum.
          when is it actually 5-clock somewere?.......it is 5'o clock here when working on my car,talking to good freinds, or even camping or fishing. Is it only me though, that for some reason when one is out camping or fishing there is absolutey nothing wrong about popping one open at 7-9 am!

Comment

Currently I have miller lite. It was actually the cheapest keg they had at that level. Which is good since its my prefered light beer. Im thinking of getting the yuengling next. If I had the money I would like to have a small dogfish head 90 minute in my kegerator along with a easier drinking beer, because you cant drink too many of those before feeling it.

Comment

What would you like to have on tap?
              Pliny the Elder or Dreadnaught. Too bad it is absolutely impossible to get either one in Western PA.

And who drinks when viewing this forum?
              I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by 2004blackwrx View Post
                Currently I have miller lite. It was actually the cheapest keg they had at that level. Which is good since its my prefered light beer. Im thinking of getting the yuengling next. If I had the money I would like to have a small dogfish head 90 minute in my kegerator along with a easier drinking beer, because you cant drink too many of those before feeling it.

I looked at a half of the 60 and it was $270.

I may do that soon though.
                RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cm11599ps View Post
                  I looked at a half of the 60 and it was $270.

I may do that soon though.
                  Somebody was trying to rip you off. A keg of 60 should certainly be under 2 bills. $180 - $195 generally.

Comment

Originally posted by shuggy View Post
                    Somebody was trying to rip you off. A keg of 60 should certainly be under 2 bills. $180 - $195 generally.
                    Agreed. I can get a 1/2 barrel of 90 minute for $270. At $270, it would be cheaper to by 6 packs of 60 minute, at $10 a six pack.

There's no way I could pin down a favorite beer. I can't even pin down a favorite beer from any one style. I like a variety, depending on many things. My mood, the weather. I couldn't imagine drinking the same beer over and over and over and over. I don't think that's any different than eating the same food for every single meal. Luckily, my wife likes IPAs and APA's, so I usually have some sort of IPA/APA on draft. And then keep bottles of the heavy stuff around, too. I just ordered 8 bottles of The Abyss!

An interesting fact I recently heard, (and have no proof of) is that there are more varieties of beer than wine.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

You are right Cubby

I'd hate to limit myself to one favorite. I do like most flavors of Abita Beer, a lot. The "worst beer" thread was more fun.
                      SEAN
                      I cool my tower with Beer.
                      http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

Way too many favorites. But I am disappointed that I cannot get Red Stripe on tap. I really do enjoy Red Stripe. I also need to get an S coupler so I can enjoy Stella, New Castle, and if I could find it, Becks Octoberfest. I would really love to have either the New Castle or Stella on tap. I'll get them in time.

Comment

Oh yeah....Red Stripe on tap would be great! For me it's more about memories than it being a really great beer. I think it's an OK beer but I've been to Jamaica a few times and got married on the beach there so as soon as I think about, see or taste a Red Stripe, I'm a happy guy.

In fact, here's a pic of a mural I had painted on the wall in my home office. I wanted it to feel like I was sitting on beach in Jamaica when I looked at the mural (while sitting in my office chair) and, of course, the artist painted an ice cold, Red Stripe sitting on a table just waiting for me.

Going back to Jamaica in two years to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Hophead; 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Good story Hophead, 42 years for me and my lovely. I agree with C.S. about the same old over and over again. My favorite is Yuengling Lager (would like to have the Yuengling lite) but I understand it is not available in kegs, in our area anyway.

Drink while on this forum ? Having one now!

Comment

My all time favorite beer.... Firestone Double Barrel Ale... speaking of which... here is a pic of the first pour of the night *cheers*

Comment

Working...
                              X