1 Keg, 2 faucets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Keg, 2 faucets?

Hi. New here but have learned a lot already. Here's my vision, is it possible? recommended?

Going to convert a refrigerator into a kegerator in the garage. Want to run a line from the kegerator through wall onto the outside deck, right by the hot tub. Also want to have a line running through refrigerator door. I know I can do this by getting two kegs, with one line running through the door, the other through the wall. But, can I split the line at some point and have two faucets pulling from the same keg? If so, how? Is it going to compromise the quality of the beer, or present another problem that makes it possible, but not recommended?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

How far would the run to the hot tub be? A glycol or waterpump system may be your best option for cooling. There is all kinds of hardware for splitting beer lines here at MM. An issue may be the distance between both taps, one line may have to be 1/4" or 5/16" I.D. to the tub while the other remains 3/16" within the fridge....

Comment

There has to be a way to do it. I know that when I was a bartender, we had towers at each end of the bar, but only one keg hooked up in the walkin fridge. I think that your answer on how it is done will come from Scott Zhuse, next time he logs on to the forum. The important thing I know though is, for the line that goes out to the hot tub, you have to figure out how you are going to cool it. Mission critical.
      "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
      -Frank Zappa

Comment

Good point about the cooling of the line running to the outside. My thought would be that I'd station the kegerator right against the wall that the faucet would be mounted on. So, it would be a short run from the unit to the faucet and that (hopefully), I'd run the line through insulation to keep the small amount of beer cool. I suppose, worst case, the first little bit poured each time would be warm and need to be tossed. Not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Thanks for the tip about the splitter Gordy. Looks like the Y shaped one would work just fine and I could just use one size line throughout.

Comment

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-pid-898B.html That's all you need to have 2 lines. Of course, you would need more beer lines and some cooling method too.
          RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

Originally posted by abb View Post
            Good point about the cooling of the line running to the outside. My thought would be that I'd station the kegerator right against the wall that the faucet would be mounted on. So, it would be a short run from the unit to the faucet and that (hopefully), I'd run the line through insulation to keep the small amount of beer cool. I suppose, worst case, the first little bit poured each time would be warm and need to be tossed. Not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Thanks for the tip about the splitter Gordy. Looks like the Y shaped one would work just fine and I could just use one size line throughout.
            No problems splitting with the "Y". No need to alter your PSIG as well. If your refrigerator is butted right up to the wall shared by the faucet, you may want to cut a hole in the side of the refrigerator and wall to accept an insulated (outside of PVC) 2" or 3" PVC.

On the wall where you will be dispensing. use this wall plate assembly with the shank and beer line extending into the PVC. The beer line will then extend into the refrigerator. This line should be the same length as the other one going to the other shank, thus faucet.

It would be favorable to use a tower cooler to force air into the PVC to maintain temperature. Seal all around the pvc at the refrigerator and at the back of the wall plate assembly to prevent air leaks. Good luck and enjoy!
            Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

@Scott - I realized I misspelled your last name in my post. Apologies.
              "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
              -Frank Zappa

Comment

No problem! You are not the first or last. Great quote by Frank Zappa.
                Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
                X