plug in right away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug in right away?

So my kegerator will be here tomorrow and im dyeing to us it. after i put it together can i plug it in?

You may wanna keep it upright for a day because you don't know if it was laid on it's side in transport.
    RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
      So my kegerator will be here tomorrow and im dyeing to us it. after i put it together can i plug it in?
      Originally posted by cm11599ps
      You may wanna keep it upright for a day because you don't know if it was laid on it's side in transport.
      The reason for that would be to allow the oil in the compressor to migrate back to the compressor. If you don't let it rest you risk damaging the compressor valves.

THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

thanks guys. cant wait to keg my beer and use it.

Comment

While you're waiting a day for it to settle you can do the screw mod and build a tower fan too.
          RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by cm11599ps View Post
            While you're waiting a day for it to settle you can do the screw mod and build a tower fan too.
            Im going to do the screw mod and i already have a tower fan ready to go.

Comment

How do you even know if a screw mod is necessary, or even possible. What brand of kegerator is it?

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                How do you even know if a screw mod is necessary, or even possible. What brand of kegerator is it?
                I got the KC2000 - EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler.
                I have been looking online and its possible.

Comment

But it may not be necessary. You should wait to see what it's capable of doing before you start tinkering with it. If it already cools well enough, you may make it run too cold by modding it.

Sure, go for the tower cooler right away....

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post

I've already talked to him about this in another thread. He's got the same one I have.

+1 on the screw mod.

Comment

I agree with cubby, wait and see if it is broke before you try to fix it. But cool the tower now.
                      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Yeah, let the thing sit up right for at least 24 hours before you plug it in. After the 24 hour wait I would then plug it in. Most people say put a glass of water in kegerator and check liquid temp. I would put a 5 gallon bucket of water in kegerator and then check temp 24 hours later. If it is cold enough for you then, then I would go buy beer.

Nothing like cold draft beer at your own house. Hell I've done talked myself into going getting a draw now.

Comment

Working...
                        X