Avanti DB6000- Not Cold at All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti DB6000- Not Cold at All

I just got ahold of an Avanti model DB6000 on the cheap. The kicker was that the kegerator does not get cold. The unit runs when plugged in but does not get cold or even below room temperature regardless of the thermostat setting.

I realize this unit has poor reviews and needs improvements and I have the parts to take care of that once I can get the unit functioning- if possible. Some say it needs a "charge" but I don't know if it's like a car where you can recharge the AC. Or if it's a bad relay or switch? Thanks for any advice you can give.

The unit is about 2 years old and one keg was put through it before it sat.

Originally posted by sully1742 View Post
    I just got ahold of an Avanti model DB6000 on the cheap. The kicker was that the kegerator does not get cold. The unit runs when plugged in but does not get cold or even below room temperature regardless of the thermostat setting.

I realize this unit has poor reviews and needs improvements and I have the parts to take care of that once I can get the unit functioning- if possible. Some say it needs a "charge" but I don't know if it's like a car where you can recharge the AC. Or if it's a bad relay or switch? Thanks for any advice you can give.

The unit is about 2 years old and one keg was put through it before it sat.
    When you say the unit is running, do you mean that the compressor runs?
    If so & it is not getting cold then it could very well be out of refrigerant which means you have a leak, not good. And no, it is not like a car. It is a sealed system so if it is out, it has a leak. Even in a car if it is low it means there is a leak.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X