Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM23 door seal/gasket replacement

Hi all,
    I have a new gasket on order. Are there any tricks to replacing the gasket? Do any interior parts have to come off the inside of the door? Or does the gasket just get forced into the door??? I'm assuming the process will become clear once I remove the old gasket. I've read some of the posts on how to get the gasket to "seat" properly - warmed with a hair dryer etc...If there are any posted instructions that would be great! Or just guidance is appreciated....
    thanks again.

Before you try to install the new gasket I would lay it out flat in the sun for a few hours. Sometimes (read that most of the time) the gaskets will acquire a "memory" from being folded into the shipping box. The sun should soften it up so it can lose it's "memory".

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Iceman - thanks for the quick reply. Are there any tricks to the installation and removal of the gasket?

Comment

IIRC the gasket attaches with a "dart" on the gasket & a channel on the door.

To get the old one off start at one corner & peel back the gasket all the way around. To install the new, line up the gasket at one corner of the door & progressively snap the dart into the channel. It is sometimes easier to take the door loose & lay it down flat but try it with the door on first. Some go in easier than others. If you're lucky you won't have to fight it too much.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
        X