No announcement yet.

Worst Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the day, (1981), we had a beer in NJ called Milwaukee (not to be confused with Old Milwaukee). It was cheap, it came in little brown bottles with hardly any glue on the labels and it had the words 'Twist Off' on the cap. When you pulled them out of the case the labels fell off and most people didn't know what they were drinking. That was our beer of choice and we nicknamed it 'Twist Off Beer'. $1.25 per six pack. $4.00 per case. Ahhh, to be young again... NOT.
    Woke up this morning, got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
    Jim Morrison

Comment

Yet another vote for the Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic.....I like beer, I like a lot of different beers, I even liked some of the Jalapeno infused beers but that Lambic was one I simply could not get down.....Even when it was the only thing in the fridge on a hot day. I think I eventually pawned them off on all my friends (who I'm sure just dumped them down the drain)!

Comment

Another vote the the Sam Cherry Wheat. The worst ever. I did not care for their Summer Ale either, I think it has lemon flavor in it.
        "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
        -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

You people are funny. My wife simply loves Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. A beer that I tasted that I thought was even worse though was Lost Cost's Raspberry Brown. I bought a 22 oz botle for my wife and diceded to share it with her when all other beer in the house was gone. It was so bad that we dumped it.

Comment

My new worst beer!

Is the one I don't have!!!!! Keg wasn't on the truck today!!!! Could have used a nice cold one!! Someone have one for me!!!
            It's not what you do that's important, it's who you do it with!

My baby!
            http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-e...light=gamecock

Comment

I just took a look at the 6 pack of Sam Cherry Wheat that I bought. Turns out it must have been some kind of repack because they're are 3 cherry wheat and 3 irish red.

I've never had the Sam Irish Red but I always liked Killian's so we'll see how it tastes.
              RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

Ok I'll cough one up. Blue Moon Pumpkin ale. Even my alcohlic cousin couldn't finish 1 bottle. He had to trash his favorite tee shirt that said "Fear no Beer", he finally found one to fear. I had to dump the last 3 bottles out from the six pack that my wife had bought, no one else even wanted to try one.

Comment

Ok, let us go back a few years. Some of you may remember Pres. Jimmy Carter. Well he had this brother (Billy) an embarrassment I think. At the time I worked for PBR in Georgia, and we packaged a beer, Billy Beer, remember? Well, I have had some tell me that it was the worst swill they had ever put in their mouth. Then I informed them that it was the same beer, just a different label of about 15 others. Just to name a few, Black Label, Red White & Blue, Weideman, Falls City, Sterling, and a number of other regional brands that PBR purchased. Any one of these ring a bell?

Comment

I've got one of them Billy Beer cans. It's empty, but I didn't drink it so can't comment on the taste. I do remember Black Label and Red White & Blue, in the days of my youth RWB was an acceptable inexpensive (cheap) beer and I've certainly drank a few.

Comment

I bought a six of Billy Beer way back when. I don't really recall any fond memories of it.

As far as the beers of misspent youth go, Buckhorn Beer is one I'd like to forget.

THE ICEMAN
                      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                      -Dave Barry-
                      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                      -Martin Luther-

Comment

An uncle used to work at Evansville 'Ind' Brewing Co, where the used to make Falls City, Weidiman, and more. used to tell us stories where they would sit at on the patio at the brewery 'open to the public', $1.50 you could drink all day. I have tried all those, not fantastic, but not terrible either

Comment

Hamms. Ick.

Comment

Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic by far is the worst. My brother in law gave me a 6 pack one christmas. The next year he got a 5 pack from me with a message. Do not return as a 4 pack. But he did. It went down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by cm11599ps View Post
                              I was at the store picking up some cold ones for my Dad's b-day today when I spotted a six pack of Sam's Cherry next to what I was purchasing. I ended up putting it in my cart.

This stuff was awful. I called it carbonated Nyquil.

I just picked up a twelve pack of Sam Adams Harvest Collection that has 2 Cherry Wheat beers. I put one in the freezer to have with last nights leftover meatball parm hero. I wanted to have an open mind with this.

I poured it into a pint glass and it looks good. Nice color, perfect head. I then brought the glass to my nose for a whiff.

It smells awful. It's reminiscent of Nyquil. I put the glass down and a few moments later tried to clear my head and brought the glass to my nose for another whiff. It's STILL awful.

I then brought the glass to my lips for a taste. The first sip was actually not that bad. Nowhere near as bad as I originally remembered. I then continued to drink and eat and this beer got progressively worse. With every taste it tasted more and more like Nyquil.

I strongly suggest that you NEVER purchase this beer or even TRY this beer.
                              RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

Interesting thread.....

I've had plenty of "bad" beer.....but I'm not sure if you call Colt 45, St Ides, Magnum, Steel Reserve, Old English 800, Cobra, and Crazy Horse "beer". (Yeah...they are bad malt liquors).

I've also had plenty of cheap stuff....and I would say that Natural Ice Light and some MDG knock-off were the worst.

As far as Sam Adams's goes. The Lambic is awful, but I really did enjoy the Cherry Wheat. Maybe something has changed, because it has been about 10 years since I last had Cherry Wheat.
                                On tap:
                                1/2 bbl of Lienenkugel's Original

Gone, but not forgotten: (Sadly, Walter Payton's is gone)
                                Sixtel of Sam Adams OctoberFest
                                Sixtel of Walter Payton's Peat Smoked Scotch Ale
                                Corny of Payton's Dancing Bear Honey Wheat
                                Corny of Walter Payton's Aurora Amber Ale (both a malty and extra hoppy version)
                                Corny (3 gal) of Coconut Rum and Cola
                                Corny of Walter Payton's Beauregard's Blueberry Ale
                                Corny of Walter Payton's Sweetness Stout on Nitro
                                Corny of Rock Bottom's Belgian White Ale

Comment

Working...
                                X