Worst Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Beer

I have read a lot on this site, and was wondering What's the worst beer you've had. I have only had 1 that I couldn't finish. Many years ago the grocery store chain Krogers came up with a 'cost cutter' beer. it can in a yellow can 'only', and said BEER or LITE BEER. 6 pack was $ 1.25. One can was enough for me.

Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic.

*Shudder*

I still have some in my fridge I think. Yikes.
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    - The most interesting man in the world.

Comment

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I've only had it in the bottle. Once, I didn't realize what I was bringing to the counter (1/2 barrel). The manager stopped me from buying it.
      SEAN
      I cool my tower with Beer.
      http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

I'd have to agree the Cranberry Lambic is absolutely gross. I'm not big on Fruit flavored beer and thought strawberry blonde by Pete's was just a definition of it's color...didn't know that strawberry flavor was added. Yuck

Comment

+1 on the cherry wheat.

My son bought a six pack of it, tasted like Dr. Pepper.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic or Sam Adam's Chocolate Stout... I'm getting chills just thinking about it... Not good chills

Comment

A Lambic is an acquired taste. It is obvious that a number of you don't wish to acquire it.

Anyway, I'd like to say, to paraphrase Will Rogers, "I've never met a beer I didn't like". Unfortunately that is not the case. I've never met a hefeweizen I liked. How do people choke that stuff down?
              And I once had a microbrew that was billed as a "Jalepeno Ale". Certain things were not meant to be infused into beer. Jalepenos being one of them.

THE ICEMAN
              My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
              -Dave Barry-
              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

The Sam Adams isn't a good lambic and does less to introduce people to the style than Blue Moon does to introduce people to Wits IMHO.

And it doesn't get them off the hook for the cherry wheat.
                Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Had someone give me the one of the large Sam Adams Cranberry for Christmas. I decided that after I started drinking it, that they must not like me. I got to a quarter of the way down and realized they must hate me!! Luckily, my wife asked for a taste. (She likes the sweet fruity stuff). She liked it! So I told her that she could have it. Found out later they had regifted it. They never tried it. I guess they were scared!!! Other than that, the worse beer I ever had was warm and flat! Other than that, I'm usually pretty good!
                  It's not what you do that's important, it's who you do it with!

My baby!
                  http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-e...light=gamecock

Comment

Cave Creek Chili Beer. Just an awful brew. The Sam's that were mentioned are truly terrible as well. BBC knew their "lambic" was no good so that's why they stuffed it in the winter variety pack. There was no way they would be able to sell it otherwise. Not to pile on but Sam Adams Triple Bock was another lousy offering. Best thing about it was the neat 8.5 ounce bottle it came in. Leinenkugel has a whole stable of bad beers. While they are not the worst none of them are very good.

Comment

That's funny. A lady at work just said I should try the Sam Cherry. I was going to too.

I should have known.
                      RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

I'll give another vote that the cherry wheat is horrible.

A local brewery, Big Boss, had a batch go wrong somehow. They named it the sour monkey. It was absolutely undrinkable.

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
                          The Sam Adams isn't a good lambic and does less to introduce people to the style than Blue Moon does to introduce people to Wits IMHO.

And it doesn't get them off the hook for the cherry wheat.
                          Agreed, on both counts. Sam Adams has done wonders for re-introducing craft beer to Americans, and make some great beers, but Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic is an abomination. The only reason it's called a lambic is because it has the word lambic written on the bottle. Also, while it was a pioneering beer in high alcohol content beers, I could have done without ever having a Sam Adams Triple Bock.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I was at the store picking up some cold ones for my Dad's b-day today when I spotted a six pack of Sam's Cherry next to what I was purchasing. I ended up putting it in my cart.

This stuff was awful. I called it carbonated Nyquil.
                            RIP - 1/2 Sam Adams, 1/2 O'Doul's, 1/6 Sam Adams Octoberfest, 1/6 Blue Point Octoberfest, Corny keg stout homebrew

On Tap- 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Comment

The worst beer I've ever had was a craft brew, Vermont Pub & Brewery's Spuyten Duyvil. I remember it was tagged as a "sour" brew, and the web site has it as a "Belgian style sour red ale: you won't like it." Probably the worst thing I've ever tasted in my life, a combination of sour apples and crappy beer. I couldn't finish my 4 oz. sample.

Comment

Working...
                              X