Will a 16gallon keg fit in a danby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 16gallon keg fit in a danby?

Wife and I have found a craft brewery close to home that has a killer Wheat that she wants to get. They keg it in the 1/2 barrel's, from what I have seen so far the 1/2 barrel seems to be the same height as a 1/6 and the same diamater as an regular 1/4 barrel? If that is the case it should fit in my danby?

Found out on a conversion that the 1/4 barrel rubber sided barrel barely fits into the old fridge I converted for our lake cabin... Standard will fit easily.

This looks like I answered my own question.

Answers to most draft Questions

Comment

Looks like they stole the image directly from Micromatic's site....

the short answer is, yes. 1/2 barrels fit in the Danby. That's all I buy.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Not all Danbys fit a 1/2.

I have the dkc445bl and it only holds 1/4's and 1/6's

Comment

that's correct. I forget about that 1/4 barrel model they made.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I don't understand if it fits a 1/4 and a 1/6 why a half won't fit as the 1/4 is the same diamater as the 1/2 and the 1/6 is the same hight as a 1/2. Unless you have to go with the slim 1/4?

Comment

because there's a 'shelf' in the bottom of that unit, like most mini fridges. They make the overall dimensions of that kegerator smaller by housing the compressor and other workings in that 'shelf' area. The diameter of the 1/4 barrel won't fit on the floor space that it has. You have to put the 1/4 barrel on top of a rack, that elevates the 1/4 barrel above that shelf. That shelf does allow enough floor space that you can fit a sixtel in front of it.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I see now... mine came with that shelf and that was the first thing into the closet,..

Comment

Even the half barrel models come with that shelf. Mine took up too much room in the closet and went into the trash.
                  Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                  but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by cob View Post
                    I see now... mine came with that shelf and that was the first thing into the closet,..
                    If you can fit a 1/4 pony keg in it without having to use that wire rack then a 1/2 barrel will fit. You could always just look to see what model you have. If it's a 645 a 1/2 will fit. If it's a 445 it won't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by shuggy View Post
                      If you can fit a 1/4 pony keg in it without having to use that wire rack then a 1/2 barrel will fit. You could always just look to see what model you have. If it's a 645 a 1/2 will fit. If it's a 445 it won't fit.
                      I am sure mine is the 645 have to look at the documentation. But without the rack I can fit the 1/4 barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by cob View Post
                        I am sure mine is the 645 have to look at the documentation. But without the rack I can fit the 1/4 barrel.
                        You definitely do not have the 445, then, and you can definitely fit a 1/2 barrel.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                          You definitely do not have the 445, then, and you can definitely fit a 1/2 barrel.
                          Thanks now to modify the tower to cool and go get that rasberry wheat for the wife..

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                            Last keg I got was a rubber sided keg and it did not fit without the rack. Have you fit a rubber sided 1/2 barrel?

Comment

Working...
                            X