Mini Fridge turned into a freezer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Fridge turned into a freezer!!

I know this doesn't pertain to kegerators but the concept is somewhat the same. My Magic Chef mini fridge is running constantly and freezing everything inside, even at the warmest setting. I'm just wondering which direction to start looking in to get this thing working properly.

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
    I know this doesn't pertain to kegerators but the concept is somewhat the same. My Magic Chef mini fridge is running constantly and freezing everything inside, even at the warmest setting. I'm just wondering which direction to start looking in to get this thing working properly.
    Does the unit still run with the temp control in the 'off' position? It could be the temp control is sticking or the condenser coils could be clogged with dust.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks for responding! No, once you turn the knob to "off" it shuts down. But if you set it at "1" (the warmest setting) it will run continuosly. I'm leaning toward bad temp probe.???

Comment

Working...
      X