Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a fridge recommendation for Guinness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a fridge recommendation for Guinness...

Foremost, thank you for your time. I have researched throughout this forum and a couple of others for information regarding kegerators and stout beers. However due to living alone where space is at a premium, I am pretty much required to serve my Guinness from a mini-fridge.

Do you have any recommendations for a mini-fridge or small upright freezer that can house a half keg with U coupler, 5lb tank, blower, and tower on top?

Its not too hard to find something that can hold a half keg but once the extra height from a U coupler is added everything goes out the window. Unfortunately/fortunately the only purpose of this kegerator is to serve delicious Guinness so those aren't an option. Luckily I am comfortable doing whatever conversion or hacking is required. I have access to thermal imagery so freon lines are not an issue at all.

A model number you currently or have used would be awesome - I am currently overseas and am unable to use cutout to test. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers!

Search the forum, but I've read where people have added a "collar" made form 2x4s to raise the top on a freezer.
    "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
    -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

idk about a 1/2 barrel in a mini fridge... you would have to buy one specially made for it. but i am doing a conversion right now with a mini fridge with a freezer plate on top. i am putting a ponny keg inside. i had to make a collar between the door and the fridge. i will post pictures when i get home. to show you how i did it.

Comment

i just put the collar on and put some sealant on to keep the cold air in.
        Attached Files

Comment

also for Guinness, you'll need 2 tanks to make it genuine. one for co2 and one for nitrogen
          hey, what happened to my original signature?

Comment

Working...
          X