Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you tip the guy that puts the Keg in your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you tip the guy that puts the Keg in your car?

Do you guys tip the guy that puts the keg in your car? If so, How much?
    I have been giving him 3 to 5 bucks for a 1/2 keg.

I only buy sixtels so carry my own out but good question. 3 to 5 bucks is about what I pay the kids to dry my car off at the car wash.....
    "because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well..."
    Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

If I did I would get rich. I do it myself.

THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

It has never occurred to me to tip them. All they do is roll the keg out to the car. I usually have to help them lift it into the trunk anyway.

Comment

Nah. They get paid a normal hourly wage. They roll it out to my car in the dolly, but I put it in the back of the truck myself. They always want to lay them on the side to pick them up, and I'm trying to keep them from not stirring it up too much so I can tap it the same night I bring it home.

I think tipping in general is out of control. It's like adding 'fees' to things. Just tell me what it costs instead of tacking on more money. A tip should be a bonus for doing a job well. Not expected because a job was done.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Wow. This hadn't even occurred to me. Hmm. Maybe i'm an arsehole?
            "Stay thirsty my friends"
            - The most interesting man in the world.

Comment

After the same guy...

...got my order right 22 times, I gave him a $20. A little weird, because we are friends from high school. But, he was grateful.
              SEAN
              I cool my tower with Beer.
              http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

They made their money when they sold the keg.
                Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

This may be selfish - but I really only consider tipping the guy if it's the same guy every time or at least most of the time. For one his wages aren't dependant on tips like other occupations. So, tipping him gets him "in my corner" so to speak and then he'll be more gentle or give me a heads up when my favorites are almost out of stock. my two cents

Comment

I do it myself, so tipping them....would be kinda weird.

Comment

I have never had someone offer to help me load it, but I only get 1/4 so it no problem for me for throw it in the back of truck. But I don't think I would tip ether unless it was for a wedding or something b.c then it would be more then just one or two kegs

Comment

i've thought about it and might start tipping him because its a small place and it's always the same dude and he explained some things to me and gave me 2 free yuengling lord chesterfield ale pilsner glasses when i bought my sixtel of shock top. I carried that myself, but he usually does the 1/4 and 1/2 (assuming he would, i havent bought a 1/2 yet).
                        hey, what happened to my original signature?

Comment

Never thought of it. I can do the sixtal myself, but when they offer to load in the 1/4 I don't say no, though having "girl arms" would make hefting a 1/2 difficult (and I work out). I'm usually talking to one of the bosses about a special order or a question about our setup while it's being loaded so don't even see the guy.

However, I do make sure to give them most of our beer business and tell everyone how great Bound Beverage in Bensalem, PA is about special orders.

Comment

Nope. I help lift it into the back of my truck and I use the same store every time. I figure my continued patronage is good enough. That and the fact that I never leave without buying at least a 12'er of something else.

Comment

Looks like I am just about the only one that does.
                              I have a few herniated disks. The disks don't bother me if I don't bother them. So I always have the kid at the liquor store put it into the back seat of my car and I don't help. (Not worth a month or so of pain. I do get it out of the car and onto a hand truck when I get home...with the help of my wife, but I take my time and calculate my moves. The damn thing is 170 lbs isn't it?
                              The place I get it from is a large chain, so no owner on premises, the kid is just a minimum wage high school or college kid lugging cases around the store.

Comment

Working...
                              X