Beverage aire BM23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage aire BM23

I have a Beverage aire BM23 which was given me over 10 years ago. To date it has never been used. I just started home brewing recently and want to use it to dispense my beer. My unit has a 2.5" column for which I can find not two or three tap columns. Is there one? I suspect not because there would be limited room to run two or more lines through the column along with the cooling tube.

Now to my question. Can I expand the hole (now 2-ish inches) through the top of the refrigeration unit and add a different size column and tap? My tap has a flange on the bottom through which four screws are inserted to mount to the top of the refrigerator. My column is insulated and a tube comes off the refrigeration unit and hangs from the back of the tap in the column. Is this typical? How large a column should I need to mount two or three taps plus the cooling tube? If I go with a 3" column, how large should the hole be drilled?

Thanks,
    Whack

Is your model by chance the BM23C which stand for the club model? the easiest way to tell would be the tower is located off to the side of the unit on the club model, as apposed to being located center and near the front on the standard. If it is a standard there would not be a problem with putting in a standard 3" tower - no cooling lines or anything to impede enlarging the hole. If it is a club model I'll let somebody more knowledgeable than I chime in.

Since it has been siting so long I would put a 5 gal bucket of water in the unit - set the thermostat on 7.5 and measure the temp after 24 hours - to make sure everything is working OK.

Good luck

Comment

The model number has no number or letter after it. However, the tower is centered left to right and probably pretty close to centered front to back. There is a drip tray and it is mounted just behind.

Is there anything I should look for in a 3" tower beside insulation? Do you htink I will be able to sell my unused 2.5" single tap tower?

Comment

There should be no refrigerant lines at all in the way so I would say it is safe to open up the hole.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
        X