Beer line running to outdoor bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer line running to outdoor bar

I'm new to the fourm and the new owner of a kegerator. Thanks in advance for any help. I have an outdoor wooden bar on my deck. Directly behind the bar is my laundry room where my kegerator is kept. The bar outside is made of wood so I can (and have) mounted the tower on top of the bar so I can pour beer while sitting outside at the bar. The only problem is that I have to wheel the kegerator outside each time I want to do this and then back in usually the next day.

The distance to the bar from the room where the kegerator is kep is about 5 feet, plus 3 feet up, so about 8 feet total (plus ther's a wall in between). Ideally I'd like to have the tower permanetly mounted on the outdoor bar with the kegerator kept inside, but here are my questions:

1. Can the kegerator just be kept outside (I'm thinking not as it was not the "outdoor" one which cost almost $1000 more than what I paid for the one I have)
    2. Can I purchase a longer beer line to accommodate the 8 feet that I need, and if so where?
    3. Can I run the beer line outside given that it will be exposed to heat all summer long?
    4. Would running a longer beer line through PVC and insulating it be enough to keep it cool for that short distance?

Again, thanks for any assistance.

1. If it gets very warm at all where you are, likely not
    2. Micro Matic sells all the line you need here. Check the links above.
    3. and 4. You'll not only want to insulate the PVC, but add a blower that blows from the kegerator, through the PVC and up into the tower near the base of the faucet.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by johhhardiman View Post
      I'm new to the fourm and the new owner of a kegerator. Thanks in advance for any help. I have an outdoor wooden bar on my deck. Directly behind the bar is my laundry room where my kegerator is kept. The bar outside is made of wood so I can (and have) mounted the tower on top of the bar so I can pour beer while sitting outside at the bar. The only problem is that I have to wheel the kegerator outside each time I want to do this and then back in usually the next day.

The distance to the bar from the room where the kegerator is kep is about 5 feet, plus 3 feet up, so about 8 feet total (plus ther's a wall in between). Ideally I'd like to have the tower permanetly mounted on the outdoor bar with the kegerator kept inside, but here are my questions:

1. Can the kegerator just be kept outside (I'm thinking not as it was not the "outdoor" one which cost almost $1000 more than what I paid for the one I have)
      2. Can I purchase a longer beer line to accommodate the 8 feet that I need, and if so where?
      3. Can I run the beer line outside given that it will be exposed to heat all summer long?
      4. Would running a longer beer line through PVC and insulating it be enough to keep it cool for that short distance?

Again, thanks for any assistance.
      Welcome to the forum. If you will do a search you can find many threads to answer your questions.

We could help you better if we knew the brand & model of your unit. Anyway, to answer a few quickly...

1. Probably. It depends a lot on where you live. The biggest factor is airflow around the unit to keep it from overheating.

2. You can get that HERE on this site. Don't try & pick up tubing from a hardware store, your beer will taste bad.

3. & 4. Once again, your location matters. I would suggest you go the PVC route with a blower to cool the lines. And again, do a search & you can find a bunch of info on the subject.

THE ICEMAN

EDIT: Psychodad beat me to the post
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thank you. I found the longer beer line using the link you provided. Can you tell me a little more about the blower...can I purchase that at the link you provided as well?

Comment

put it outside

I had a cheap (Avanti) kegerator outside in SW Florida for over two years without a problem. Of course I had to do some modifications to make the POS work right to begin with it, but once completed it worked fine. The thought of an 8' run of line with a 3' rise and a newbie at the helm spells FOAM. Do yourself a favor, put it outside and start drinking.
          SadAvantiOwner

Can't dance...might as well DRINK!

Comment

Working...
          X