Will a tire gauge work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a tire gauge work?

Hey, all! I've got a Sanyo, and even though I've read the post here about a Sanyo owner that moved his co2 tank outside (I believe it involved heating the tube and spraying it with Pam) I'm just not ready for that. In addition, I thank my wife everyday for letting me have a unit in the house - she doesn't drink beer at all! I don't want to further burden the visual presence of the kegerator with an external co2 tank.

On to my question! Can I replace the 0-30 co2 gauge with a tire pressure gauge? I ask because I want to know the pressure without opening the unit. I have two thermometer probes that show me the tower temperature as well as the actual beer temperature (Styrofoam block encased probe pressed firmly against the aluminum of the keg by a bungee cord). Those all have displays sitting atop my unit, but I can't glean the pressure by an external glance! Companies have started making tire gauges that plug snugly on to the valve stems of all four tires, then wirelessly transmit data to a digital readout that sits on your dash while you drive... Can anyone see where I'm going here? :-)

Thanks in advance. I owe the joy of having draft beer at home to the patient, curious, and clever readers of this site.

I don't see why not. You will need to T a Schreader (sp) valve into the line though.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Sounds like a good approach. You may also consider an automotive "boost" gauge.

There are electronic ones, and models that only show positive pressure (the one above shows vacuum as well.)

Good luck, and post your results, this sounds quite interesting!

Comment

"T a Schreader (sp) valve", psychodad? I don't know what that means. I was imagining this (though I haven't checked if they'll match):
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X