No CO2 on a Sunday, Will Keg go BAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CO2 on a Sunday, Will Keg go BAD?

I just set up my kegerator for the first time and tapped the keg on Saturday night. Everything went fine, i heard a bit of a hiss but thought that was probably just normal. Woke up Sunday and went to glote over my new toy and found the CO2 tank was dead. I cant get the tank filled til Monday. Will the keg be allright or i am i gonna lose a Keg with 80% of the beer left in it?

thanks for any help you may offer

Keep it cold and untap the keg. I dont think overnight is going to ruin it.

Comment

Of course it goes without saying once you get your tank refilled, make sure you find the source of the leak. It appears you have a big leak if you can hear it.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Problem Solved

Got my tank refilled today, used the soapy-water test and found two leaks which i remedied. Beer seems to have survived. Whew!!!! Only had about half a pint but there seems to be a bit of sour taste. Could be my taste buds coming back to life after the drought (I live in GA, where you can't buy beer on Sunday).

Thanks for the help and reassurance

Comment

You should have several more beers, to be certain. But unless your keg got warm (50F+), there's no reason it should be tasting sour.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
          X