tap a keg twice????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tap a keg twice????

Question.... i have a kegerator at home... my cousin is gettin married and wants to use my keg shell... if they dont finish all the beer at the weddin can we take the tap off the keg there at the weddin and can i retap it in my kegerator with out losing beer quality????

Originally posted by Jackson View Post
    Question.... i have a kegerator at home... my cousin is gettin married and wants to use my keg shell... if they dont finish all the beer at the weddin can we take the tap off the keg there at the weddin and can i retap it in my kegerator with out losing beer quality????
    Re-tapping a keg is not a problem. The only problem that might come up is if they use a 'Party Pump' at the wedding rather than a co2 system. The pump introduces oxygen into the beer which can cause it to spoil. If you finish the remains of the keg in a day or two you should be alright but I wouldn't go much longer than that.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Ya they probably will use a party pump... Thanks for the help!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X