Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

--"KEG RACE"--How to empty a keg as fast as possible using only party pump??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --"KEG RACE"--How to empty a keg as fast as possible using only party pump??

Ok so my fraternity holds our "KEG RACE" every year last year I modified a normal party pump by adding Micromatics 8in party pump, also installed a full 1/4in fitting into the coupler which I attached 1/4in beer line too. 25 guys and I emptied a keg in 5 minutes flat, at about 5.5 beers every 10 seconds. I had thought about dremeling out the main machined piece inside the coupler to increase beer flow but the hole for the air pressure I thought would hold me back.

--My question to you more experienced beer goers is, How can I modify a normal party pump to increase beer flow even more?--

--(cannot split lines or add co2)--

Try 5/16" line and attach to a normal faucet and shank. Pump the keg with as much pressure as possible and use pitchers to catch and then pour into a glass.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

To add on to Scott's recommendation, also get yourself a Y Splitter Fitting and go at it. This gives you the option of two faucets - just keep the keg pumped with pressure.
      Last edited by whutever; 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM.
      Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

Doofy would you mind posting pictures of your modified pump and show where you changed the fittings?

I'm about to try fixing a pump and might as well make it faster in the process.

Thanks

Comment

Hi! Please help! I have a keg race similar to this coming up. It's between us 15 guys. We want to kill a keg as fast as humanely possible. I don't really understand the thread above. Supposing I order model number 7509E900 (due to the rule of no C02 and split hose allowed), is that the best possible option? If so, how can I improve the pump? What exactly do I do? Please response soon. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

How about adding a Y for the pump and using two pumps at once and/or modifying a larger bike air pump to use with the coupler.
            No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Are you pre-law? "no split lines, no Co2".

Is that and only that in writing? Forget drilling out dia. the benefit is not going to be enough. What you need is pressure to amp the volume. Yea it's a gray area but I can get you in there, they will say it's cheating but you will claim your inventiveness for going outside the box and claiming yet another years win. YOU DID WIN LAST YEAR RIGHT? 15.5 gals. @ 5 mins or 3 gals. per min. wow

Scott Zuhse called it but didn't flush it out enough. The reason he said catch it in a pitcher was because it will be blasting out like a fire hose, mega foam and no earthly way to flood it in to a plastic beer cup.

Okay where in the rules does it say your wed to a hand pump? Party pump yes, no Co2 and lines splits BUT? Don't split your line hook it up directly to your 10 gallon compressed air tank bypass the hand pump. Compressed air ain't Co2 or get a air compressor if you got AC available. Crank the psi to 30 and shoot beers out 2 X as fast as the competition. You've got a beer blaster just don't try to do a nozzle blast cause it will rip your lungs out and flame out your a** at the same time.
              Last edited by pvs6; 03-19-2010, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Does the beer have to end up in a cup or pitcher or does everyone have to drink the beer within 5 minutes too?
                Alan in PA

Comment

an uber tap would work, it's designed for keg killing 4 dispensing lines and a 2-cylinder foot operated pump, something like 12 foam-free beers per minute.

Comment

Ahh ... college.

Comment

Working...
                    X