vissani thermostat connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vissani thermostat connections

could someone look at their thermostat in the great vissani kegerator and let me know which terminals and the colors of wire on the various terminals - i rewired mine and now the compressor wont turn off thanks

Hey, here is a photo of the thermostat from my Vissani. Not the best picture but hope it does the job for you....

- George
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the OP posted in the t'shooting forum too. In the above post pic the black wire is the 115v line into the thermostat. The blue wire goes to the compressor which will run when the thermostat closes (shorts black to blue) the green wire is case/frame ground. Also note that the open gold terminal on the thermostat may have 115v on it when the compressor is not running. There should be a protective cap on it so it can't be touched. The blue and black wires could be switched. If this was so than the gold terminal won't have 115v on it. Perhaps this is why there is no cover on ther teminal now.
      Last edited by lunkhead; 01-31-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

It looks like from the picture posted by georgehatton that those units use a double pole type of thermostat. The color of the wire will not matter as much as where the wires are connected.

First I would try wiring it the same as in the picture. Then, if that doesn't work & unless you can find a schematic for the wiring, you will need to use an ohm meter to figure out where to put the wires. The terminals should be labeled 1,2 & 3. One of them will be the common lead, another normally open & the other normally closed. With the power off, it will take some trial & error but you need to find the common & the normally closed terminal by turning the knob up & down. If you haven't done it before it can get a little confusing but it is really not too bad.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
        X