Adding Homebrew to a Kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Homebrew to a Kegerator

I have a couple of quick questions for you guys. I currently have a double kegerator system that I run two commercial kegs out of. I have recently decided to start kegging my homebrew, and am willing to sacrifice the 2nd commercial keg until I add another tower. However, I won't always have a homebrew keg ready to go, and will still occasionally have 2 commercial kegs to run. So on to my question...

Is there a good way to quickly switch back and forth between the sankey coupler and the homebrew keg? I found this (http://www.homebrewadventures.com/sh...t_Code=KEG-092), but would prefer to modify my current system as opposed to buying a new coupler (I already have 2 extra couplers).

Second question is... Is this style of quick disconnect good for the stability of the system? I'm mostly worried about gas leaks. Thanks for any help in advance.

I would like to do this as well, but instead of changing my beer and gas couplers to homebrew and getting the adapted sankey that you linked to, I would like to adapt the homebrew couplers to the 5/8" BSP connectors that are standard on most commercial-style keg couplers. I would like to easily switch the beer and gas lines from one to the other without having to remove the tubing from the barbed connectors. Has anyone done this?

Comment

Working...
    X