CO2 tank fastener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 tank fastener

Has anybody out there found or developed a way to securely fasten a co2 tank upright? I have two regulators sticking straight out of the side of my 5lb tank which makes it rather topheavy. I am thinking along the lines of a fire extinguisher holder that I can mount to the inside of the fridge.

Just so you know, the co2 store where I have my bottle filled recommends not to store your co2 tank inside your cooler. I suspect this is because rust may form on the bottom of your bottle, but I am not sure.

Comment

Most are Aluminum when it comes to beer, rust isn't an issue for that.

I use a Stainless cable to hold my tank upright.

Originally posted by doug ellis View Post
      Just so you know, the co2 store where I have my bottle filled recommends not to store your co2 tank inside your cooler. I suspect this is because rust may form on the bottom of your bottle, but I am not sure.
      On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Originally posted by doug ellis View Post
        It's more likely they get complaints about the tank not being filled, just because the high pressure guage drops when it's stored in the fridge. Many high end commercial units are designed to have the co2 tank inside of them.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Mine as well Cubby, just think they have their own interest at heart.

Comment

I would like to have the bottle in a remote location outside the fridge with wall mounted regulators but the fridge is built in so there is no room on either side. It actually came with bracketry to keep the bottle inside but I converted it to a two product system and had to rearrange everything.

Comment

Tank chain

I use a small piece of chain that goes around the regulator and holds the tank upright.

Comment

I was told that if the CO2 stays in side the fridge the cold air keeps the gas from expanding so you lose 10% to 15% of your psi. May not be that much but you get more gas for your money if it is outside the box.

Comment

Originally posted by shane34652 View Post
                  I was told that if the CO2 stays in side the fridge the cold air keeps the gas from expanding so you lose 10% to 15% of your psi. May not be that much but you get more gas for your money if it is outside the box.
                  MYTH!

There is the same amount of CO2 inside the bottle no matter what temp it is at. Due to the nature of compressed gas and temperature, the high pressure gauge will read lower when the cylinder is refrigerated, but just because you change the temperature doesn't mean that you have any more or less compressed gas in the cylinder.

The only advantages of having the tank outside are space, and a SLIGHT bit of extra warning on the high pressure gauge once the tank is bereft of liquid and has almost no CO2 left in it. (You will see the gauge drop more visibly when at room temp).

For those who want to nitpick on volumes and temperature, thermodynamics and compressibility, all of the gas is eventually going into the headspace of a 38 Deg F nominal pressurized tank, and will stabilize at that temp and remain there. The VERY SLIGHT amount of gas that won't expand as much once the cylinder is empty of liquid is likely less than 1/2 of one percent in the refrigerated scenario, and has no bearing on the volume of draft beer one can dispense with a specific cylinder.

Comment

I made mine out of wood, an open ended box with circles cut in the top. Holds my NO2 and CO2 tanks upright. Not worried about the wood getting wet since my kegerator stays dry.

Comment

Bungi cord , hooked to wire loop on old refrigerator shelf bracket. Simple, cheap and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                        Many high end commercial units are designed to have the co2 tank inside of them.
                        Every commercial unit I've seen has the tank outside of the unit.

Comment

Mine has both of them inside Bev-air DD-58

Comment

Working...
                          X