Chest freezer temperature alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest freezer temperature alarm

Just purchased the premium dual tap kit from MM and also am getting a kenmore 8.8cu ft chest freezer delivered to my house on tuesday. Looking forward to frosty beverages at the pull of a tap. Anyway to my question....After looking over the specs on the freezer I purchased I noticed it has a temperature alarm on it. Not sure how those work but was wondering since i am going to be keeping the freezer temp above freezing with the digital temp controller, will I be setting off this alarm??? if so is there anyway to disconnect it?? If anybody knows please chime in....Thanks

Look on Sear's website for a link to the manual. I'd suspect there is a way to turn it off.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I checked their website and there is nothing linking me to a manual. I guess I will have to wait until it arrives and check the manual that comes with it.

Comment

Most consumer appliances like that have a wiring diagram printed and stored behind a service panel. Check there too.

Comment

Any updates? I've been eyeing this freezer as well and was curious if the alarm could be disabled.

Comment

The Kenmore 8.8 has an alarm switch on the rear of the lid so that you can disable the alarm. I just went to Sears to scope one out. I made different size keg cut outs to what would fit, so here's a little FYI for those interested. This freezer can fit:
            A) (1) 1/2 bbl, (1)corney
            B) (1) slim 1/4 bbl, (2) corneys
            C) (4) corneys

Edit: Sixtels are only 1/4" larger in diameter than cornelius kegs and all of the combinations listed above had some marginal space remaining. Substituting sixtels for corneys in the above combinations would work as well.
            Last edited by eetree; 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X