removing the freezer compartment in a mini fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the freezer compartment in a mini fridge

anyone know a good way to remove the freezer compartment in a mini fridge so i have enought room

Originally posted by m_innerst View Post
    anyone know a good way to remove the freezer compartment in a mini fridge so i have enought room
    Can't be done.

Refrigerator/freezers are essentially a freezer tapping off some the cooling from the freezer evaporator to cool the refrigerator section. If you removed the freezer evaporator there would be nothing left to cool the rest of the unit.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

If you are referring to the standard 'dorm fridge' or mini fridge, with a freezer compartment at the top, all contained behind one single door, and you are trying to remove this 'compartment' to have the height needed for a keg to fit, you are out of luck... What makes up the bottom of the freezer is almost always the 'evaporator' portion of the cooling system, and it is what keeps the unit cold - Sorry. You might be able to get a squat 1/4bbl keg in there and utilize a cobra head for dispensing!

Comment

I think someone posted on here how they bent the freezer portion down to get the clearance for a keg and mount a tower. However I think they just got very lucky they didn't render the whole thing useless.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
        X