Beverage Air bm23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air bm23

Hello all. If anyone can help me here it would be greatly appreciated.
    I bought a Beverage Air BM23 about 6 months ago. It works great.
    I replaced a Haier which was pure crap. Anyway, I want to convert it
    for guinness. I have everything i need, the problem is that I can only
    get the beer mix gas in a 20lb or 50lb tank, which will not fit inside the unit.
    I have to drill a hole somewhere, I just don't know where. Does anyone know
    the best location to drill a hole?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, if anyone reading this is thinking about buying a kegerator, this
    is the unit to buy. The beer is perfect temp every single pour.

Okay, I just got finished talking to Beverage Air.
    At first, they just told me that no holes should be drilled into the unit.
    After telling them, that I understood that I would void my warranty,
    they told me where I could drill. They run refrigerant lines down
    the back left hand side of the unit, so as long as I stay away from
    that area, I will be okay. He said I would be able to see where they
    are by looking at it.

Comment

Left side while looking at the back of the unit or from the front?

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
        Left side while looking at the back of the unit or from the front?
        In my experience, the lines run up the right side when looking at the back of the unit (looking at the compressor). If you follow the lines coming off the compressor it should be self evident.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

I cant belive you are going to drill a hole in it...I would keep looking for a smaller tank.

Comment

My Bm23 is about 15 years old, maybe they've changed things since but...i have two black plastic caps in the right corner of the machine, one on the inside and one on the outside. I removed those and they fit a standard gas line perfectly. The hole is located just above the step up at the back where you would put your Co2 canister.

Comment

Originally posted by JBUNGIE View Post
              I cant belive you are going to drill a hole in it...I would keep looking for a smaller tank.
              Its not that I can't find a smaller tank, its that the gas supplier for beer mix will not fill anything smaller than a 20 lb. cylinder. The good news is that I drilled a perfectly sized hole for the gas line and everything is perfect. Guinness pours great. The other great thing about using the 20lb cylinder, it should last more than 20 kegs, and the gas vendor will come out and replace it with just a quick phone call. Well worth a 1/2" dia. hole in the side of my unit. Cheers.

Comment

Dispensing Guinness takes a higher pressure. Keep a close eye on the tank after your 11th keg

Comment

how would you describe the noise level of your BM23? i am thinking of buying one but am concerned about some of the posts on here regarding the level. Thanks.

Comment

A little louder than my regular fridge. You won't even notice it after a little while unless you key in on it and decide it bugs you right from the start.

Comment

Working...
                    X