BevAir BM-23 - Dual Kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BevAir BM-23 - Dual Kegs

Is there any way to rig a BevAir BM23 to run two (2) 1/4 short kegs? I know what parts to get. What I am confused about is how to stack the kegs in the unit and have enough space for the hardware.

Any suggestions?

There are low profile keg couplers but even with these stacking two 1/4 barrels in a bm23 just isn't going to work.

From other posts i've read here you can do a 1/4 and a 1/6th slim in a bm23.

Comment

Originally posted by sevendustweb View Post
      Is there any way to rig a BevAir BM23 to run two (2) 1/4 short kegs? I know what parts to get. What I am confused about is how to stack the kegs in the unit and have enough space for the hardware.

Any suggestions?
      I have a new BM23 (it's the BEST!) and made the mistake of ordering 2 quarter kegs. Try as I might, I couldn't make em fit. Fortuneately, the place I bought em from (Beers & Cheers in Germantown MD) came to my rescue and stored one of them for me in the cooler until I needed it.

Comment

1/4 slim kegs

Originally posted by Misterworst View Post
        There are low profile keg couplers but even with these stacking two 1/4 barrels in a bm23 just isn't going to work.

From other posts i've read here you can do a 1/4 and a 1/6th slim in a bm23.
        Rather than stacking two 1/4 pony kegs, would there be enough room in a BM23 to place two 1/4 slim kegs side by side?

Comment

Originally posted by sevendustweb View Post
          Rather than stacking two 1/4 pony kegs, would there be enough room in a BM23 to place two 1/4 slim kegs side by side?
          Here are the measurements for the various sizes... http://www.micromatic.com/beer-quest...le-aid-11.html

Take some measurements of your unit & see.

THE ICEMAN
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

BM-23:

1/2bbl, yes
            Oversized 1/2 bbl (Coors, etc..), yes
            1/2 bbl + Anything else, NO
            Squat 1/4 bbl, yes
            2x Squat 1/4 bbl, NO
            Tall 1/4bbl, yes
            2x Tall 1/4bbl, YES
            Tall 1/4bbl + 1/6th bbl. yes
            Tall 1/4bbl + 2x 1/6th bbl, NO
            1/6th bbl, yes
            2x 1/6th bbl, yes
            3x 1/6th bbl, yes
            4x, 1/6th bbl, yes (but difficult and you have to use a slim 2.5lb CO2 cylider or locate the gas outside)

1/6th's are interchangeable with Corny's using ball or pin lock. If the corny is converted to sanke, only 3 will fit reasonably as more of the space above the kegs where the lines would be with 4 kegs inside will be taken up.

Good luck
            Last edited by BrewGuru; 01-23-2009, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Great little chart...you can get 4 sixtels in a BM-23?!

Comment

2 slim 1/4bbl

According to the micromatic page on the BM23 it is able to hold 2 slim 1/4bbls...

"1/4 Barrel Slim (7.75 Gallons) Fits up to 2"

Judging by the one i've got it looks like there is plenty of room in there for it.

Comment

wow, this is interesting, as i was just thinking of purchasing this unit for the capability to put two 1/4's in it.

some in this thread say it wont fit, and some say it will (as does the sales link on this site http://www.micromatic.com/keg-refrig...d-BM23S-2.html ). i'd hate to think that the sales page is incorrect

can anybody confirm 100% as to whether or not two SLIM 1/4's will fit in the BevAir BM23S-2? this would greatly affect my decision to buy.

regards,

william
                  Last edited by alpine0000; 01-23-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Does Blue Moon come in Quarters? I can only get in in 1/6's or 1/2's here.

Brian

Originally posted by alpine0000 View Post
                    wow, this is interesting, as i was just thinking of purchasing this unit for the capability to put two 1/4's in it.

some in this thread say it wont fit, and some say it will (as does the sales link on this site http://www.micromatic.com/keg-refrig...d-BM23S-2.html ). i'd hate to think that the sales page is incorrect

can anybody confirm 100% as to whether or not two 1/4's will fit in the BevAir BM23S-2? this would greatly affect my decision to buy.

specifically, i want to do a 1/4 of Bud Light and a 1/4 of Blue Moon .

regards,

william
                    On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Originally posted by bkl63 View Post
                      Does Blue Moon come in Quarters? I can only get in in 1/6's or 1/2's here.

Brian
                      Actually, you are correct Brian. My local liquor store only sells Blue Moon in 1/6's, too. I think my post was a bit unclear.

I also want the ability to change out the Blue Moon for 1/4 keg beers that may not be offered in 1/6 kegs

However, after looking at my local stores price list, I noticed that 1/6 kegs seem to have more options than 1/4 kegs (at least at my local wine/beer store). Is this just my imagination, or does that seem to hold true across the industry? Is the 1/6 keg more popular than the 1/4 keg when it comes to choices?

Also, can anybody confirm whether or not the BM-23 can actually fit two SLIM 1/4kegs?

Thank you for the reply!
                      Last edited by alpine0000; 01-23-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

From what I understand in the last 5 years or so, micro beers and "micro" oriented beers like Blue Moon, went to 1/6 as a way to break into a bars by offering a way to put a new keg in and not have to worry about selling a new brand as it was a smaller "test size". PLus they could add "flavor" by going with the smaller size into an existing under bar beer unit. A 2 keg unit could hold 6 of the smaller 1/6 units.

Most of the 1/6's are micro's in my experience. Of course Blue Moon is made by Coor's and their is no reason that they couldn't put it into 1/4's. It's just I haven't seen it offered that way anywhere.
                        On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Alpine0000 The bev air 23 will not hold 2 short quarter barrels. If you look at the link it show 1 short and 2 slim . I have this unit and it is great but there is no way of getting 2 short 1/4 barrels in. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by mac114 View Post
                            Alpine0000 The bev air 23 will not hold 2 short quarter barrels. If you look at the link it show 1 short and 2 slim . I have this unit and it is great but there is no way of getting 2 short 1/4 barrels in. Hope this helps
                            hello mac,

thank you for the reply

i was actually referring to two slim 1/4's, not two short 1/4's.

in BruGuru's post (#6 in this thread) he says that two slim 1/4's will not fit. the sales link for the kegerator states that it will fit.

can anybody make sense of this for me?

william.
                            Last edited by alpine0000; 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

That was a typo, both the BM23 and the comparable MM unit can fit two of the slim / tall 1/4's without issue - sorry for any confusion there.

Comment

Working...
                              X