What's your favorite beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite beer

Mine's Bridgeport IPA, Widmer Heff, and Rouge Dead Guy. Bud Light for getting the drink on.

At the moment . . .

It's a toss up between Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, Newcastle Brown Ale, and my homebrewed Beagle Blonde Ale. Although, a Widmer Hefeweizen does get an honorable mention.
    Last edited by whutever; 10-29-2008, 08:59 PM.
    Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

My two favs have to be Hoegaarden and Fours Peaks Kiltlifter!!!

Comment

I enjoy Smuttynose Brown Dog Ale

Comment

jeez, I have so many beers that I'd call my favorite, depending on the mood I'm in. I drink pretty much every kind of beer that most people have never heard of.

Right now in my basement, waiting to be opened

Stone Vertical Epic 08.08.08
          Stone Russian Imperial Stout
          Unibroue 400th Anniversary
          Norbero Old Odense Ale
          Bell's Hell Hath No Fury
          Green Flash Le Freak
          Port Hop 15
          Schlafly Bourbon Smoked Porter
          Boulevard Saison with Bret
          De Molen Rasputin
          De Molen SSS London Triple Stout
          De Molen 1914 Porter London Style (made with a pre-war 1914 recipe)
          New Belgium La Folie
          De Proef Signature Ale Les Deuz Brasseurs (allagash collaboration)
          De Proef Signature collaboration with Port and Lost Abbey

And a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

My go to beer is pretty much any IPA. When I want a kick in the rear, I go with the double IPA's

IPA - Dog Fish Head 60/90 minute. Bell's Two Hearted, Founders Centennial IPA, O'Dell's IPA.

IIPA - Lenny's Rye IPA, Pliny The Elder

Stouts - Oskar Blues Ten Fidy and Alesmith Speedway stout have been my favorites. I have a Dark Lord I just got yesterday that's on my 'to do' list.

Pale Ale - Schlafly (local brew pub) Dry Hopped APA - On tap right now.

When I go canoeing/camping or just feel like not spending a bunch - PBR or Budweiser if I'm by myself, Miller Lite if my wife is along.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Shiner Black and Hacker-Pschorr Weisse

Comment

cold and free!!!

Comment

budweiser and budweiser american ale

Comment

I am almost embarrassed, not really, but yungling does it for me

Comment

I almost forgot, I worked for PBR for a number of years and we brewed a beer, Andecker, and it had to be the best. The only problem, can not find it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by doug ellis View Post
                      I almost forgot, I worked for PBR for a number of years and we brewed a beer, Andecker, and it had to be the best. The only problem, can not find it anymore.
                      Andeker isn't made anymore but your in luck cuz i've heard that "Ybor Gold Amber Lager" by (Florida Beer Company) tastes pretty close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                        jeez, I have so many beers that I'd call my favorite, depending on the mood I'm in. I drink pretty much every kind of beer that most people have never heard of.

Right now in my basement, waiting to be opened

Stone Vertical Epic 08.08.08
                        Stone Russian Imperial Stout
                        Unibroue 400th Anniversary
                        Norbero Old Odense Ale
                        Bell's Hell Hath No Fury
                        Green Flash Le Freak
                        Port Hop 15
                        Schlafly Bourbon Smoked Porter
                        Boulevard Saison with Bret
                        De Molen Rasputin
                        De Molen SSS London Triple Stout
                        De Molen 1914 Porter London Style (made with a pre-war 1914 recipe)
                        New Belgium La Folie
                        De Proef Signature Ale Les Deuz Brasseurs (allagash collaboration)
                        De Proef Signature collaboration with Port and Lost Abbey

And a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

My go to beer is pretty much any IPA. When I want a kick in the rear, I go with the double IPA's

IPA - Dog Fish Head 60/90 minute. Bell's Two Hearted, Founders Centennial IPA, O'Dell's IPA.

IIPA - Lenny's Rye IPA, Pliny The Elder

Stouts - Oskar Blues Ten Fidy and Alesmith Speedway stout have been my favorites. I have a Dark Lord I just got yesterday that's on my 'to do' list.

Pale Ale - Schlafly (local brew pub) Dry Hopped APA - On tap right now.

When I go canoeing/camping or just feel like not spending a bunch - PBR or Budweiser if I'm by myself, Miller Lite if my wife is along.
                        Bro your hardcore I wanna go to your basement in St. Louie and get my drink on sht. Had many a PBR in downtown Boston with the gutter punks (used to load my jacket with a 12 pack in the winter to keep it cold), and the punk rock shows in downtown Portland, Oregon $1.50 a 16oz pour. You know what Doug Elis nothing wrong with Yengling. My ole lady is from Reading so that fam drinks it like H20, and in Key West its 50 cent drafts on Duval. Mr. Whutever I had a 90 minute Dogfish tonite and it was good chocolatey yet clear, Very strong brewski, I think Bridgeport is better. I gotty say I used to drink Henry Weinhard's all varietys for many years and it was great including BLITZ. There ale suked, smelt like kitty litter, it wasn't that good.

Comment

Boulevard Doublewide IPA, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and Bell's Two Hearted.

John P.

Comment

Originally posted by ksnuclear View Post
                            Boulevard Doublewide IPA, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and Bell's Two Hearted.

John P.
                            That Doublewide is pretty good. My major problem with it is the price, for what it is. $8.50 for what amounts to about 2 bottles of beer. There are so many other IPA's out there that are better, and much cheaper. Bell's Two Hearted, for instance.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Please don't flame me but, I like Miller Lite on tap. I know it's not the best but if I drank any full bodied beer like I do Miller Lite, I would weigh 400 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X