Beverage Air BM23C not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air BM23C not cooling

I have been having a problem for the past month or so. I bought from a friend a Beverage Air BM23C kegerator that is about 10 years old I would say. It seems to cool good down to 32F (at about a 5 setting on the dial) if there is no keg in it but as soon as I put a keg in, even though it is a cool keg from the liquor store, the temperature starts rising inside after about a couple of days to around 47-50F. I can keep turning the dial up but after a period of time(about 3 or 4 days), ice starts forming inside under the inside fan shelf and it never gets any colder. If I unplug the unit and let it sit a while and the ice melts, I can plug it in again in a couple days it will cool again without the keg. I do have a refrigerator the keg can go in while I am doing all this. I have a bar and have a spot where this kegerator fits into. Could it be that I am not possibly giving the unit enough air? I do pull it out and it seems to help slightly but I still think it is not working properly. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting highly frustrated. Thanks.

The ice is your problem. If you are not moving air through the evaporator coils because of ice buildup, it will not cool the cabinet.

Does the compressor run constantly? If so the temperature control would be the problem. And turning the temperature control colder does not magically make the unit colder. It simply makes the compressor run longer.

Also, make sure the condenser coils (down by the compressor) are clean.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

The compressor does shut off once in a while. I did clean the coils out with an air nozzle. The fan inside does run all the time, but I think it is suppose to. Is the thermostat hard to change? It does turn somewhat rough when I turn it.

Comment

Working...
      X