X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by BartenderPlease View Post
    How much would you sell this one for? The one in the pics you just finished?
    Reason I'm asking is there has been a guy on my local Oklahoma craigslist selling a similar Refrigerator conversion kegerator for over a year now...and I think he's way over priced for a "plain" jane one...

KEGERATOR

Where your's at his price point would probably sell quick.
    The price would be up there but its not gonna' happen. I had a lot of time into it & time has a price.
    Originally posted by BartenderPlease
    What if the founder of Budwiser said, "what if", we might not have BUD!
    Well in a perfect world, we could only wish it were so.

Leave a comment:

• BartenderPlease
    replied
    How much would you sell this one for? The one in the pics you just finished?
    Reason I'm asking is there has been a guy on my local Oklahoma craigslist selling a similar Refrigerator conversion kegerator for over a year now...and I think he's way over priced for a "plain" jane one...

KEGERATOR

Where your's at his price point would probably sell quick.

Leave a comment:

• BartenderPlease
    replied
    No doubt there are people! But I bet you'd have a better market if you priced and produced for a bit cheaper? But keeping the door open for expensive "custom" ones like these as well...I can see you all doing more plain ones for less, and these special ones for special customers...dude don't "what if", do it!

What if the founder of Budwiser said, "what if", we might not have BUD!

Consider it...

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    Believe it or not there are people out there that do pay that much for a custom & not just bar owners.

It doesn't matter anyway because we are not going to do it. We were just speculating 'what if?'

Leave a comment:

• BartenderPlease
    replied
    Would you be selling at the price to residential people, like myself? Or more for cool, hip, trendy bars to use and make the place look cooler?

I'm not sure I would invest $1200 - $2200 in a kegerator, not saying your work wouldn't be worth it, but its just a bit out of what I would want to pay, you know?

A bar owner on the other hand, probably would.

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    You could probably make some money "pimping kegerators"...
    My buddy Russel & I were thinking about that (although we weren't referring to it as 'pimping') & we came to the conclusion that we could sell custom kegerators for anywhere from $1200 to $2200 depending on the level of repair & customization. There is a lot of time involved in doing that type of thing.

Leave a comment:

• BartenderPlease
    replied
    You could probably make some money "pimping kegerators"...

Leave a comment:

• WTF Over
    Guest replied
    That is one bad a@@ kegerator!! Outstanding work, I thought my remedial metal working skills were good. I guess I need to go back to school. I am sure you are enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Bagadonuts View Post
    Holy effing crap that is sweet!!

That kegerator looks ready for 100 MPH.

Awesome!
    Well, it is on wheels.

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    How much did this project cost you overall?
    Shame on you. Its not polite to ask. J/K

I didn't keep a running total as I first decided to convert that thing late last year & I didn't really think I would be doing as much to it as I did. I kept thinking of other things to make it better.

That having been said here is a rough estimate of the costs...
    The replacement compressor -------- $0 I had one as a spare for my ice machine.
    The steel for the keg support -------- $30
    The aluminum for the inside panels - $0 It was an old construction site sign.
    Goodies from MM --------------------- $300 Taps, drip tray, cleaning stuff, etc.
    Paint & materials ---------------------- $200 The labor was free. My buddy volunteered his time. Thank you Russel of RS Auto Arts.
    My time & effort ----------------------- $PRICELESS

It was more than I planned on spending but spread out over time, not too bad.
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 09-04-2008, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bagadonuts
    replied
    Holy effing crap that is sweet!!

That kegerator looks ready for 100 MPH.

Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• jlopez77
    replied
    Nice. Looks good. Does it work?

Leave a comment:

• bg44
    replied
    I really appreciate a guy that goes the extra mile. Looks like Tutles from American Chopper gave you a hand. I'm sure the Killer_Kegerator will hand out some Killer_Hangovers.

Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• BartenderPlease
    replied
    How much did this project cost you overall?

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
    I see a problem with those pix. Who's F-150? Those Wrangler AT tires have to go! That's what mine came with. They bark and squeal at every corner even going 5mph, don't they! The BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires are the way to go! Unfortunately, as much tread is left on those tires on an '03 or earlier, looks like they've already been replaced not too long ago with new Wrangler's.
    Those are original '01s & I haven't had any problem with them.

Originally posted by cubby_swans
    The kegerator looks unbelievable, though!
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X