Killer Kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BartenderPlease View Post
    You could probably make some money "pimping kegerators"...
    My buddy Russel & I were thinking about that (although we weren't referring to it as 'pimping') & we came to the conclusion that we could sell custom kegerators for anywhere from $1200 to $2200 depending on the level of repair & customization. There is a lot of time involved in doing that type of thing.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Would you be selling at the price to residential people, like myself? Or more for cool, hip, trendy bars to use and make the place look cooler?

I'm not sure I would invest $1200 - $2200 in a kegerator, not saying your work wouldn't be worth it, but its just a bit out of what I would want to pay, you know?

A bar owner on the other hand, probably would.
      "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

Comment

Believe it or not there are people out there that do pay that much for a custom & not just bar owners.

It doesn't matter anyway because we are not going to do it. We were just speculating 'what if?'
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

No doubt there are people! But I bet you'd have a better market if you priced and produced for a bit cheaper? But keeping the door open for expensive "custom" ones like these as well...I can see you all doing more plain ones for less, and these special ones for special customers...dude don't "what if", do it!

What if the founder of Budwiser said, "what if", we might not have BUD!

Consider it...
          "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

Comment

How much would you sell this one for? The one in the pics you just finished?
            Reason I'm asking is there has been a guy on my local Oklahoma craigslist selling a similar Refrigerator conversion kegerator for over a year now...and I think he's way over priced for a "plain" jane one...

KEGERATOR

Where your's at his price point would probably sell quick.

Comment

Originally posted by BartenderPlease View Post
              How much would you sell this one for? The one in the pics you just finished?
              Reason I'm asking is there has been a guy on my local Oklahoma craigslist selling a similar Refrigerator conversion kegerator for over a year now...and I think he's way over priced for a "plain" jane one...

KEGERATOR

Where your's at his price point would probably sell quick.
              The price would be up there but its not gonna' happen. I had a lot of time into it & time has a price.
              Originally posted by BartenderPlease
              What if the founder of Budwiser said, "what if", we might not have BUD!
              Well in a perfect world, we could only wish it were so.
              -Dave Barry-
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

awesome work iceman!!! you killed that fridge... looks dope as hell

nice work!!

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                  I decided I would give this it's own thread. Enjoy!

Here's the process of turning a dead fridge into a custom kegerator.
                  Alright kids, here we go...

The humble beginnings.
                  It was out back for a while. Had to replace the compressor.
                  Had to weld up support to make up for the compressor compartment.
                  Machine turning the inner panels.

To be continued...
                  What did you use to do the "machine turning"? Is that a router? That to me is the best part. Awesome job
                  Beer is proof that GOD loves us and wants us to be happy

Comment

Originally posted by MMMM I like the beer View Post
                    What did you use to do the "machine turning"? Is that a router? That to me is the best part. Awesome job
                    Yep. I used a plunge router with an arbor that holds 2" circular 'green pads' used for auto/body sanding. I used a silicone spray to keep it lubricated & to keep it from overheating. A messy job but worth it.
                    -Dave Barry-
                    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Very nice work. I'm looking for inspiration since I have a reused rusty bucket and we're in the process of remodelling the basement. I didn't realize it could look so nice. Seems I've got some work to do.

Comment

Nice job on the Kegerator. What did you use to attach the metal to the inside of the freezer?

Comment

Originally posted by rvb1019 View Post
                          Nice job on the Kegerator. What did you use to attach the metal to the inside of the freezer?
                          Thanks.

I presume you meant the fridge. The turned aluminum panels are fastened with screws.

THE ICEMAN
                          -Dave Barry-
                          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Nice job on that Fridge Iceman! I'm trying to do the same thing but with 1/16 inch diamond plate aluminum. Did you attach the inner door plate with screws into the retaining strip for the door seal or did you mount a wood panel to the foam first and screw into that? I want to screw into the strip but I'm having trouble closing the door when I do that. I'm thinking that my panel is too big and interfering with the door seal. I'm probably going to cut the panel smaller and mount it to a piece of wood which will be glued to the foam with PL300 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jtc View Post
                              Nice job on that Fridge Iceman! I'm trying to do the same thing but with 1/16 inch diamond plate aluminum. Did you attach the inner door plate with screws into the retaining strip for the door seal or did you mount a wood panel to the foam first and screw into that? I want to screw into the strip but I'm having trouble closing the door when I do that. I'm thinking that my panel is too big and interfering with the door seal. I'm probably going to cut the panel smaller and mount it to a piece of wood which will be glued to the foam with PL300 or something like that.
                              Thanks.
                              My inner panel is fastened the same way the original liner was. I laid the original liner on top of my panel & transferred the screw holes & drilled. Since it was the same thickness at the edge as the old liner, the new panel matched up with the door perfectly.

THE ICEMAN
                              -Dave Barry-
                              -Martin Luther-

Comment

Great work on that machine! NICE to see, and must feel pretty cool to have it done!

Comment

Working...
                                X