Beer & Cigars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer & Cigars?

Hey guys, I was wondering, what is your favorite domestic draft beer to drink while you smoke a nice cigar? Let me know your choices.

Cheers!

Brandon

I like Yuengling or Saranac Black & Tan... but I think liquor goes much better with cigars. Black & Tan tends to go well with the cigars I smoke.

Usually the cigar taste almost completely masks the flavor of any lager or stout I've tried.
    "For Barack Obama to argue that he's experienced enough to be president because he's running for president is desperate circular logic and it's laughable."

Comment

I like cigars. I'd rather smoke them with something with not a lot of flavor, like a lager (budweiser) or wheat beer (boulevard). To me there's not much point of drinking a great beer with a cigar, as a cigar will generally overpower the drink, no matter what it is.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I enjoy a Samuel Adams Cream Stout or Stone Brewing Smoked Porter with an Arturo Fuente 858 or Partagas Aristocrat. Good stuff.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
          I like cigars. I'd rather smoke them with something with not a lot of flavor, like a lager (budweiser) or wheat beer (boulevard). To me there's not much point of drinking a great beer with a cigar, as a cigar will generally overpower the drink, no matter what it is.
          I agree with you. Black and Tans go well though, and the Yuengling B&T is inexpensive, try it some time!
          "For Barack Obama to argue that he's experienced enough to be president because he's running for president is desperate circular logic and it's laughable."

Comment

I prefer Swisher Sweets with nice warm Natural Light. Typically I enjoy this combination while grilling spam burgers in the driveway.
            Last edited by bg44; 08-19-2008, 06:55 AM.
            "because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well..."
            Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

Originally posted by bg44 View Post
              I prefer Swisher Sweets with nice warm Natural Light. Typically I enjoy this combination while I grill spam burgers in the driveway.
              ROFL.... that's hilarious...

Comment

Victory Old Horizontal is a nice barleywine.

Alot of Weyerbacher's heavyweights are good too.

Comment

Originally posted by bg44 View Post
                  I prefer Swisher Sweets with nice warm Natural Light. Typically I enjoy this combination while grilling spam burgers in the driveway.
                  Originally posted by smores
                  ROFL.... that's hilarious...
                  The kid obviously needs to seek professional help. My recommendation is that he should start drinking heavily.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                  "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                  -Dave Barry-
                  "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                  Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                  -Martin Luther-

Comment

If it's a light cigar, a heavy beer and vice versa. Otherwise the two battle eachother. But whiskey or burbon is always #1 with stogie.

Comment

i stick to my scotch and give the beers a rest with a good stog
                      ....ONE KEG OF BEER FOR THE FOUR OF US......FOR ONE OF US COULD DRINK IT ALL ALONE.

Comment

Originally posted by MM-Sean View Post
                        If it's a light cigar, a heavy beer and vice versa. Otherwise the two battle eachother. But whiskey or burbon is always #1 with stogie.
                        +1, Makers Mark goes the best with anything I've smoked. I had some Remy Martin once which was good too. It was given to me as a gift and that's the only time I ever liked it.

Comment

Working...
                        X