Water in my Kegerator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in my Kegerator?

Is this normal? I am a newbie with a Sanyo BC-1206 and I keep getting water on the floor of the kegerator. I am just wondering if I should return it. Thanks.

Sounds like its frosting up pretty badly on you and then melting on the defrost cycle. I'd check the door seal to make sure you're not letting air into the unit for starters.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Yup - check for leaks in your door seal, etc...

Also, opening and closing the door a lot can cause this kind of frost build up...

If you store glassware or bottles or anything that causes you to open the door., this could be contributing to the problem. Residential keg-dispensing units are not designed to be used as refrigerators, and really should not have the doors opened very often or they build up quite a bit of frost on their cold plates.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It must be the power cord for my tower cooler that is causing the problem. So, do I want a cool tower or a tight seal? I am not much of a tinkerer, but it looks like I need to learn.

Comment

You want both. You don't want to compromise the integrity of the door seal. Find another way to snake in the power wire even if it means drilling a hole and re-sealing it with silicone RTV once the wire is through.

I'm not familiar with the Sanyo unit so search the forums for a good place to drill and not hit any vitals.
          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shamrock View Post
            Thanks for the replies. It must be the power cord for my tower cooler that is causing the problem. So, do I want a cool tower or a tight seal? I am not much of a tinkerer, but it looks like I need to learn.
            Yes, you want a good seal. Coolers/freezers are notorious for pulling in moisture from any gap to the outside they can find.

I'm not totally familiar with that unit but if you cannot fit the cord through the same hole as the refrigerant lines then I would think it would be safe to drill a hole 1/2 to 3/4 inch away from the penetration for the refrigerant lines being very careful to miss those lines.

Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 08-08-2008, 08:57 PM. Reason: typo
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
            X