Beverage-Air BM23-S condensation on back upper corner of cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage-Air BM23-S condensation on back upper corner of cabinet

Got this stainless Beverage-Air kegerator this week and left it at the pre-set temperature setting of 5. If you stand behind it, there's condensation towards the upper right corner of the cabinet. A service technician came the next day and turned my unit down to 4, but there's still condensation. It's not much, but I'm concerned with overworking the unit and wasting electricty. I haven't taken a temperature reading of the dispensed beer, but I know it's not overly cold. Is my beautiful beermeister defective?

Originally posted by bickerton View Post
    Got this stainless Beverage-Air kegerator this week and left it at the pre-set temperature setting of 5. If you stand behind it, there's condensation towards the upper right corner of the cabinet. A service technician came the next day and turned my unit down to 4, but there's still condensation. It's not much, but I'm concerned with overworking the unit and wasting electricty. I haven't taken a temperature reading of the dispensed beer, but I know it's not overly cold. Is my beautiful beermeister defective?
    These units are critical charge as far as refrigerant goes. If you find frost coming all the way back to the compressor when the unit is down to temp then it is overcharged.
    If you simply have a good sweat coming back to the compressor, that is a good thing - not a thing to worry about.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X