Beverage Air Kegerator not getting cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air Kegerator not getting cold

I have Beverge Air single tap unit that isn't getting cold anymore. It's about 15 years old and it might get around 50 degrees at best.

Hopefully this is a simple fix - anyone have any experience dealing with these units? They are pretty expensive units to buy brand new, so i have my fingers crossed that it's nothing major.

Everything seems to run fine on the unit: compressor, fan, etc......so, please post if you have any ideas what it may be.

thanks.

If the compressor never cycles off, most likely problem will be low on refrigerant. You can try cleaning the dust off the coils, but I would imagine that it would cool better than 50 even with dirty coils. If the compressor kicks off early, I would suspect the thermostat. Oh, check the door seal too. It does good to cool the insides, it'll never cool down the room it's in too

Comment

bard is on the right track. Check all that he mentioned. Also take a look at the evaporator coil (the one inside) to make sure it is not frozen over. Use a good flashlight & look up through the fan grill to make sure there is no ice buildup. If there is ice, that is why your temp is up. If the air is not flowing it will not cool the cabinet. There could be a few reasons for ice. The temp control may be stuck or set too cold.
      If there is no ice & the compressor is running constantly you might have a leak in the system - no refrigerant - you would need to call a service company.

THE ICEMAN
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
      X