Dayton blower becomes noisier when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton blower becomes noisier when cold

Is it normal for my Dayton blower to become louder once it's installed in the cold kegerator? It was working fine before I turned my freezer on, but now it's spinning MUCH louder. It doesn't sound like a grind or anything wrong, it's just louder.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks
    (kegerator is almost done!!!!!!!!!!!)

Is it blowing into a hose or pipe? The increased air load could make it a little louder. As long as it sounds like air noise and not a mechcanical noise should be OK.

Comment

It's blowing through 8' of hose coiled up in the bottom kegerator right now. The noise started after the freezer cooled off (same time a small amount of ice formed on the freezer walls). It sounds like the fan and the noise is a buzz / hum. It's been running four days with no problems (just loud).

The kegerator is basically complete, I'm just letting it run a couple days before buying the beer (don't want something to go wrong and ruin a keg).

Thanks

Comment

I had something like that happen and it turned out that the tube was just a bit too far in the blower and was touching the fan blade. Is that possible in your scenario?

Comment

No, my hose isn't the problem (makes the noise without it).

I tried to record the sound, but I can't upload recordings from my phone... Anyhow, it's been running a week (loud) so I guess it's nothing to be too concerned with.

Thanks

Comment

Does the fan still make noise if you remove it from the cold? Just remember, as things get colder they will contract. Closer tolerances may be the source of the noise.
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

No, the noise is only present when it's cold.

Comment

Working...
              X