Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is a half barrel where you live??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a half barrel where you live??

i bought my first half barrel keg of Bud Light last week from a local beer store and it was $90.90 total out the door is that the normal price or too much??? just wondering about the local store and their prices really.

15.5 gallon(half barrel) is $89.99 for Bud Light at my local Bevmo in Folsom CA.
    That is the price before tax and keg deposit.

Comment

right, i had to pay 50.00 deposit before they would even order the keg for me, the 90.90 is just for the beer in the keg.

Comment

$90 is the starting point for the regular domestics here in Annapolis, MD too. Our deposits are only $30 though. I like to think of the deposit like a savings account at the liquor store That way if I ever run completely out of beer I can still trade the keg shell for a case or two...

Comment

Originally posted by tappa kegga bud View Post
          $90 is the starting point for the regular domestics here in Annapolis, MD too. Our deposits are only $30 though. I like to think of the deposit like a savings account at the liquor store That way if I ever run completely out of beer I can still trade the keg shell for a case or two...
          Ahhh....you need better planning. Got to ensure that an order is placed before you get low. I am the only consistent orderer at my local PX (military base) and I get the privilege of just ordering the beer and then picking it up at my convenience. It is sad that I know how to ring up and order my beer better than the employees. It typically goes...ok scan this barcode, then the deposit barcode is kept over here, use this UPC to refund the last deposit, you need to call them today..no now..to get the keg by then...talk to gary, he will help..etc...

Anyway...BUD on the military base is a little cheaper and it is tax free. But the good stuff has gone up to about 150.

Comment

Fort Worth, TX

About $92.00 for 1/2 Barrel Bud Light (after you skip the $30.00 deposit.)

Works for me, because I am now paying about 1/3 of what I was paying per month for cans/bottles.

Comment

KegBuddy - Local keg prices/availability

Up until recently, I've had to drive 30+min away to a distributor to buy a keg. Then I decided to create a website, similar to GasBuddy.com, to map where I can get kegs and their prices. I just started last week, so the site is still in an "alpha" phase, but if you guys think it might be worth continuing, let me know. I'll need lots of user input, as GasBuddy does, to keep prices updated. The site is at KegBuddy. It also includes breweries that sell kegs of their own beer. I'll start a new thread to reply to.

To answer the original post, the one listing I have has a 1/2 bbl. of Bud Light for $95+tax.
              Last edited by mongo83bg; 06-11-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I guess a keg of Bud/Bud Light costs about $95-$100 here in St. Louis. To each his own, but I can get Bud in cans at nearly the same price per beer as a keg. Bud Light/Select/Mich Ultra make me gag.

Boulevard Wheat or Pale Ale - 1/2 barrel - $119
                O'Fallon 5 Day IPA - 1/6 barrel - $60 or 50L keg - $130(Currently on tap)
                Bell's Two Hearted Ale - 1/2 barrel - $159
                Bell's Oberon - 1/2 barrel - $140

I had a whole list from our liquor store last fall, but the prices all went up so I threw it away and haven't asked them for a new one yet.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

In "The Land of Pleasant Living", (near Baltimore), 1/2 bbls of local craft brewed beer, (i.e. DuClaw, Clipper City, etc.), run around $130.00 to $150.00.

I tapped a keg of DuClaw Hellrazer IPA, a few weeks ago, and it cost $130.00.

I don't drink Bud/Miller/Coors/etc, so I don't know those prices.

I did, however, get a 1/2 bbl of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale one time, and it cost $120.00.
                  Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

I'm in Baltimore and I just got a 1/2 bbl of Killians for $80+tax (before $30 keg deposit). That seems to be the price for all of the standard fare (Bud/Miller/Coors).

Comment

Hah! New liquor store opened up in St. Louis, Friar Tuck. They're able to get me a 1/6 of Arcadia IPA! I'm ALL OVER THAT! WOO HOO!!!! It's $75, but eff it. It's a damn fine beer.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by tappa kegga bud View Post
                        About seven years ago, I got a keg from a local liquor store and the keg deposit was $10. Every time I go in to get another keg, it's an even exchange. Right now the keg deposit is $30.... looks like I already $20 on the deal!!!

Comment

Its about 75.00 plus tax in Tuskaloosa ,Alabama for 1/2 barrel of bud light @ Brunos gro store if you have an empty but I have to drive about 75 miles

Comment

I dont know about that beer but we just got a half barrel for 75 of some grain belt and then 60 for the 1/6th barrel of Surly Bender(local oatmeal stout that nice and hoppy) Correction.. "Bender is an amalgamation of styles; brown/porter/apa. Five distinct malts, including two from Belgium, give this beer added complexity and depth. We also add oatmeal to this beer to give it a smooth texture not usually associated with this type of beer. We add large amounts of American finishing hops to give Bender a citrus hop aroma because... we like hops. This is a session beer weighing in around 5% alcohol and 25 IBUs." -Surly Brewing Co.
                            Last edited by SurlyNation; 06-11-2008, 04:54 PM. Reason: Corrections

Comment

Here in Florida all Buds,Millers, Yuengling,Amberbock all cost me $68+ tax. Fosters runs around $120.

The last time I bought a 1/4 was a couple years ago(domestic) and it ran me about $45 or so. Halfes are the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X