Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bm23 compressor runs non stop

I Just Bought This Beverage Air 23 A Week Ago And The Inside Fan Runs
    Non Stop , Along With The Compressor. The Only Way To Get The Compressor To Stop Running Is To Turn The Temp Down. The Compressor Will Start Again Some Time Later, But Will Continue Running Until I Turn The Temp Up Again. The Beer Is Nice And Cold ,i Havent Tested The Actual Temp Yet.. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated.

I think the inside fan is supposed to run 24/7. The compressor should cycle on and off. Please report back once you've tested the actual liquid temp inside the kegerator.

Is there room for air to circulate around the outside of the unit? If not, it may overheat.

Comment

Sounds like a typical open box kegerator.....
      Guys that bought their minfridge, chime, in, I know nothing about these already made kegerators except they suck

Comment

Yes There Is Room Around The Whole Kegerator . Before I Started It Up Last Week I Pulled The Back Off And Vacuum The Coil And Compressor. So What Control The Compressor?

Comment

Originally posted by oilman96 View Post
          I Just Bought This Beverage Air 23 A Week Ago And The Inside Fan Runs
          Non Stop , Along With The Compressor. The Only Way To Get The Compressor To Stop Running Is To Turn The Temp Down. The Compressor Will Start Again Some Time Later, But Will Continue Running Until I Turn The Temp Up Again. The Beer Is Nice And Cold ,i Havent Tested The Actual Temp Yet.. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated.
          Originally posted by oilman96
          Yes There Is Room Around The Whole Kegerator . Before I Started It Up Last Week I Pulled The Back Off And Vacuum The Coil And Compressor. So What Control The Compressor?
          As was mentioned before, the interior fan, the evaporator fan, should be running all the time. It is normal for the compressor to cycle on & off along with the condenser fan. The temperature control turns the compressor on & off. Set the temperature control at about 4 or 5 then take the temperature of the box & adjust from there. The higher the number the longer the compressor will run - the colder it will get. Clockwise is colder.

Later, THE ICEMAN
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks Iceman, But The Compressor Will Not Stop Running Until I Turn The Dial On The Thermostat . I Have Been Running The Setting Around 5 And To Turn It Back To 4 To Turn The Compressor Off. The Only Break The Compressor Gets Is After Work I Turn Back The Dial , Then Ill Go Out Later And Turn It Up Again ..

Comment

Just get a deep freezer temperature controller from micromatic. End of problem

Comment

Originally posted by oilman96 View Post
                Thanks Iceman, But The Compressor Will Not Stop Running Until I Turn The Dial On The Thermostat . I Have Been Running The Setting Around 5 And To Turn It Back To 4 To Turn The Compressor Off. The Only Break The Compressor Gets Is After Work I Turn Back The Dial , Then Ill Go Out Later And Turn It Up Again ..
                You have to be patient. It will not reach the desired temperatures in a matter of a few minutes. Let it run for 35 to 40 min. & take a temp reading & adjust from there. The compressor should typically cycle somewhere around 5 to 10 min. on, 10 to 20 min. off, depending on conditions.

If the compressor seems to run too long, check to see if the door gasket is sealing properly - is cold air leaking out? One way to check if the gasket is sealing is to take a dollar bill & insert it between the gasket & the cabinet with the door closed at various points around the door. If you feel tension as you pull out the dollar it is sealing properly. If it slides right out, you have a problem with the gasket.

THE ICEMAN
                Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 05-16-2008, 09:35 PM.
                My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                -Dave Barry-
                "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                -Martin Luther-

Comment

I have the same unit and it's been less problematic of all the other brands I've read about on this forum. You've already cleaned the coils, good. I had mine about 1.5 years before I thought to do that. After getting enough dust and pet hair out to knit a sweater, I try to hit it every 6 mos. The next step is to quit messing with the temp setting and leave it running. It will take 40 mins or so to cycle off. While it's regulating, go find or go buy a thermometer that you can use to measure the temperature of a glass of beer. Shoot for 36-38 degrees on the second pour (chug the first or pour two glasses quickly). If it can't get low enough and it's sealed properly, you may have a freon leak (I did). If you can't dial it down low enough to keep from freezing the beer, then the temp controller is suspect. Did you buy it new (I assume not since you cleaned the coils)? Is so then Bevair will send out a commercial tech to repair it under warranty, but I would go through all the tips brought up so far to make sure it's not operator error. If you didn't buy it new or it's out of warranty then you'll have to hire your own repair tech. The temp controller is available from Bevair for less than $20 the last I checked and is most easily reached by taking the top off the unit. You can get to it from inside but you'll bang around the evap coil getting to it and it's real awkward to mess with because of the location. You don't want to buy the external controller from MM because you'll loose power to the fan that cools the tower unless the compressor is running.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadJohn View Post
                    Sounds like a typical open box kegerator.....
                    Guys that bought their minfridge, chime, in, I know nothing about these already made kegerators except they suck
                    You're joking right? That unit has nothing in common with a minifridge, it is a commercial unit.

Sounds like it may be low on freon though.

Comment

Working...
                    X