what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do?

i am wondering if a 10yr old beverage air with 20lb c02 tank and couple different keg taps is worth 750$ i looked at it it works fine or should i buy a new one i could probley get everything for 1300$ what i want to know is ten years old to much?

I wouldn't pay $750 for a 10 yr old kegerator. That's just my $0.02.

Comment

what to do?

thanks i was on the fence i know beverage air is one of the best out there. there is one on ebay for 500 and its 5 yrs old it sat for 3 year though would that hurt it any. i need a kegerator but want to stay under 800 but want it to last and keep cold beer.

Comment

It is always a crap-shoot, so to speak, when you get used equipment. It is sometimes a case of buying someone else's problem.

A 10 year old unit is a little iffy. The 5 year old unit that has sit for 3 years would be a better choice IMHO. I give you this advice with the qualification that I see & work on those beasts all the time.

Later, THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

I bought an "older" kegerator(beermeister) off of Craigslist, my guess that it was built in the 80's. One thing that people overlook, well at least I did, was how much it was going to cost to actually run the thing. Naturally, older appliances are not as efficient as they are nowadays.

It seems like my kegerator compressor is ALWAYS running. My electric bill has increased a noticeable amount. My wife blames the kegerator and now asks me why I didnt buy a new one. I have to roll my eyes since that's what I wanted to do in the 1st place except the complained they cost too much to buy new.

Now my plans are to keep convert a chest freezer since I have pretty much bought new hardware(dual SS tower, ventmatic faucets, tubing) for the beermeister.

The kegerator will probably go back on Craiglist.

Comment

good point about the operating cost. I have a new energy star and did not notice a difference on my bill.
            BM23 (I love it, $$$ well spent)

Comment

Working...
            X