Ye olde D system coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ye olde D system coupler

I have an old D system coupler that has not been use in about 15 years or so... the question being is it still useable?

The bottom seal does look like it has dried out & should probably be replaced. Are there other parts that should be replaced or would it be better to order a brand new coupler?

I'm in the process of building my kegerator & this is another step before completion. Any help would be appreciated. THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 03-29-2008, 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

You said and old d coupler, Is it the t handle type, these are easy to disassemble and repair and clean, but you maybe better off with a new coupler.
    L. Tapper

Comment

It is a Draft Systems unit that looks much the same as this...
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Those are real simple to rebuild. Besides the bottom seal and shank seal, there are 3 o-rings inside (between the shank and body). Just Take your handle off, and they are easily accessible. Those o-rings prevent gas leakage. MM's got all that for probably $4-5. While I was doing it, i would replace the check valve also. It's alot cheaper than a new one. http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...d-7485E-S.html

There's a breakdown under replacement parts

Comment

Working...
        X