Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer line cleaning?

Hi all,

I have seen the line cleaning kits with the hand pump but I also seen that people use oxiclean to clean their cornys and then rinse. Well what if you where to take that oxiclean that is in the corny and hook up the beer line and the gas line and run that through your beer lines and then rinse? would that be just as affective as the cleaning kits?

Thanks.............Dave

I've read that chemically Oxyclean is similar to cleaners like PBW and the like. I have noticed though that the Oxyclean I used to clean some beer bottles recently left a film that was hard to remove. I've been using Clean Flo in my cornys lately and cleaning the lines at the same time. The cornys come clean and I can trust that it doesn't leave a residue in my lines.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

yea, ive been keeping an eye out on cleaning too. im kinda on a budget and $45 is a lot to spend. ive thought about rigging up my own jerry rig
      suggestions? instructions?

Comment

Once you are past the initial investment in equipment be it a hand pump or pressurized system, the cleaning solution (I recommend Clean Flo powder) is very inexpensive and a container will last quite a while and give many cleanings to a home user.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

yeah, $45 may seem a lot, but the cleaning container that comes with it has enough powder for 32 cleanings. Unless your kegerator resides in a frat house, it will last quite a while. And when it runs out, you only need purchase additional cleaning powder.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

How often do you usually clean the lines? I've read about every 2-3 weeks. But I doubt everyone follows that.

Comment

Yeah i gotta order a cleaning kit soon.

Comment

Looks like I will have to do an initial soak in oxi and warm water for my first "mini" cleaning. I'm waiting until I secure another keg (so I can order a second faucet, hose, coupler, ect...) so I can order my cleaning supplies and stuff all at once.
                On tap:
                1/2 bbl of Lienenkugel's Original

Gone, but not forgotten: (Sadly, Walter Payton's is gone)
                Sixtel of Sam Adams OctoberFest
                Sixtel of Walter Payton's Peat Smoked Scotch Ale
                Corny of Payton's Dancing Bear Honey Wheat
                Corny of Walter Payton's Aurora Amber Ale (both a malty and extra hoppy version)
                Corny (3 gal) of Coconut Rum and Cola
                Corny of Walter Payton's Beauregard's Blueberry Ale
                Corny of Walter Payton's Sweetness Stout on Nitro
                Corny of Rock Bottom's Belgian White Ale

Comment

Originally posted by hopslammer View Post
                  How often do you usually clean the lines? I've read about every 2-3 weeks. But I doubt everyone follows that.
                  Every keg change seems like an easy rule to follow. Unless you're sip...hold on while I pour another... ping your beer.

Comment

I want to extend my beer line. Which one is good and where to get it? I have a Vissani.

Comment

Micro Matic 3/16" ID by the foot.
                      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I clean the lines before putting in a new 1/6 about every two weeks

Comment

Working...
                        X