Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new kegerators that worked?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any new kegerators that worked?

    Hi,
    Just reading alot of posts of kegerators that had a problem or two when new. Besides the expensive kegerators like Bev. Air, True, etc... Is there any positive stories on the mid and lower range kegerators that people have. Like I bought a xxxxxx and it worked great! I know this forum is for troubleshooting and so on, but just like to hear some good stuff. Have a few cold ones.
    Steven O

  • #2
    I bought a Kenmore kegerator 12 years ago and it still works well. I have a feeling that things have changed over the last 12 years, so who knows if the Kenmore is still good. I've heard that Kenmore doesn't actually make the fridge, they just put their name on it.

    I just helped a friend setup a brand new Summit/Sanyo kegerator that we picked up from MM. Seems like a good unit... no problems for the first month so far. Obviously, without having a blower, the tower is a little bit warm... but that's to be expected.

    Comment


    • #3
      I bought a Kenmore out of the local paper for 200 bucks, it was a older model.. When I got home I noticed the cupler was broke and lines were well, nasty. The reg was beat up and the one gauge was busted.. For 70 bucks off of this site.. I got everything I needed.. And well she is running like a champ.. 29 degrees inside and 31 degrees in my glass.. I wouldn't even know why I would need a blower or fan..as seems everyone else has them. I can even turn it colder if I wanted too.. But I don't think I would be able to drink a slush brew.
      The only thing I do not like is that the tank goes on the inside.. and I'm scared to drill holes and ruin a great working machine. 1 day I'll grow the balls and and drill away.. and when I do I'm odering a double reg and double fauchet.... ohhhhhh those will be the days...

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds great glad to hear some good stories.
        Semper Fi

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by USMCNUT View Post
          ...The only thing I do not like is that the tank goes on the inside.. and I'm scared to drill holes and ruin a great working machine. 1 day I'll grow the balls and and drill away.. and when I do I'm odering a double reg and double fauchet.... ohhhhhh those will be the days...
          You might want to check out this thread. It might help with that 'ball growing' thing.
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
            You might want to check out this thread. It might help with that 'ball growing' thing.

            Thanks Iceman, But my balls didn't get any bigger..cause that guy never got back to us if he made it ... He might have killed himself after he ****ed it up..LOL
            I'll figure it out.. I haven't even had it a week.. but after my first keg is gone I'll get it done... I need the tank outside if I want to be putting 2- 1/4's in there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by USMCNUT View Post
              Thanks Iceman, But my balls didn't get any bigger..cause that guy never got back to us if he made it ... He might have killed himself after he ****ed it up..LOL
              I'll figure it out.. I haven't even had it a week.. but after my first keg is gone I'll get it done... I need the tank outside if I want to be putting 2- 1/4's in there.
              Fair enough. When you get down to it remember the old axiom that carpenters use... Measure twice, cut once.
              My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
              -Dave Barry-
              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
              -Martin Luther-

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by USMCNUT View Post
                Thanks Iceman, But my balls didn't get any bigger..cause that guy never got back to us if he made it ... He might have killed himself after he ****ed it up..LOL
                I'll figure it out.. I haven't even had it a week.. but after my first keg is gone I'll get it done... I need the tank outside if I want to be putting 2- 1/4's in there.
                Hey, I'm that guy and I am still alive! Actually, I just drilled the hole last night. Once my new regulator and coupler arrived I realized I needed a larger diameter gas line, so I need to expand the hole a bit. I will take more pics tonight when I finish and post. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

                I have a 10 month old at home, so I get limited time to work on this at night! But I will finish tonight had have cold guinness on Saturday. I will hold a pre-superbowl trial on Saturday night. I'll report back!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cpferris View Post
                  Hey, I'm that guy and I am still alive! Actually, I just drilled the hole last night. Once my new regulator and coupler arrived I realized I needed a larger diameter gas line, so I need to expand the hole a bit. I will take more pics tonight when I finish and post. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

                  I have a 10 month old at home, so I get limited time to work on this at night! But I will finish tonight had have cold guinness on Saturday. I will hold a pre-superbowl trial on Saturday night. I'll report back!
                  Sounds great.. Thanks..
                  I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old.. I make them hold the tools. And check temps. after I pour some pints. LOL !!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cpferris View Post
                    Hey, I'm that guy and I am still alive! Actually, I just drilled the hole last night. Once my new regulator and coupler arrived I realized I needed a larger diameter gas line, so I need to expand the hole a bit. I will take more pics tonight when I finish and post. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

                    I have a 10 month old at home, so I get limited time to work on this at night! But I will finish tonight had have cold guinness on Saturday. I will hold a pre-superbowl trial on Saturday night. I'll report back!
                    I posted pics of the finished product if anyone wants to check them out. So far so good!

                    http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-e...anby-pics.html

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X