Beer Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Line

Does it matter what the outside diameter of the beer line is as long as the inside diameter is 3/16? I have tubing that has a 3/16 ID and a 5/16 OD. Would it be okay to use it? My Micromatic line is 7/16 OD and I want to replace it.

As long as it's beer line and the ID is the same then the beer will never know the difference

Comment

before you

discard your current setup, make sure the fittings will work; with the new line.
      Sean
      I cool my tower with Beer.
      http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

The 3/16 x 5/16 has a 1/8 inch wall, MM'S Beer line (as well as other mfg. of beer line) have 1/4 inch wall. The restriction in the smaller OD line could be a little different. Also,the main problem could be, that brewery approved hose is tested to make sure that the taste of the beer is unaffected by any plastic. Tapman
        Last edited by TAPMAN; 01-27-2008, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Be careful, the thinner wall stuff whether brewery approved or not is much more prone to kinking and shutting off flow. I have had this happen and replaced it with the thicker wall line.
          Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
          Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

Question here...? I picked up my line at the Home D. Its vinal hose, for water. Its not beer appoved as you guys talk about.. what is the difference?
            I haven't noticed any bad taste..

Comment

If it isn't brewery approved beer line, it can impart tastes in your beer. Order some new lines and scrap the Home Depot hoses. Beer line isn't that expensive.
              Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
              but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
                If it isn't brewery approved beer line, it can impart tastes in your beer. Order some new lines and scrap the Home Depot hoses. Beer line isn't that expensive.

It wasn't the price..
                I just didn't know where to get any line.. It was before I found this site. I need to order a cleaning kit.. so when I do I will pick some new line as well..

Thanks

Comment

I have a newbie question:

I know that if you have a dirty line it will foam up. Would this be on every draw? I believe I cleaned it well and haven't finished my Danby mods yet and get beer on the first draw. I would think that if I have a dirty line it would be on every draw.

Comment

Working...
                  X