90% done and eager to post pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90% done and eager to post pics

So I've been working like a madman trying to complete this project...the only thing I have left to do is mount my blower and wire it in...anyways...there's quite a few pics but I think they are pretty self explanatory...

Kegerator is in basement, plumbed up with 2" PVC to a tower directly on my kitchen sink. Has Johnson Controls A-419 Temp Controller, a 60 cfm blower. The liquor shelf is something that I built when I first bought the house 2 months ago, finally got the mirror and glass cut for it this week and I assembled tonight.

I just bought that Delta Faucet like 2 weeks ago...should've gone chrome to match the beer faucet...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jdubslopro; 01-26-2008, 01:22 AM.

Cool project! How long and what diameter of beer line are you running? What kind of pressure is required to dispense it?

Comment

It's about a 7 foot rise from the coupler inside the freezer to the top of the faucet. Approximately 9 feet of beer line 3/16" at 22-25 psi. Perfect pours, consistent temp (my basement is only 45 degrees so that helps).

Comment

Cool installation. Over the sink certainly eliminates the need for a drip tray.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Nice project. A couple of notes - Are you using 100% CO2? Also, you may want to insulate the outside of you conduit to keep the cold where it belongs. Do you have return air?
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

yes there is a return air system inside the 2" pvc. I have the insulation, just haven't gotten to installing that nor the blower. it is 100% co2...would it be recommended to switch to 75 nitrogen 25 co2 mix with basically domestic ales and lagers? the beer line is cold right now (I keep the heat at 55 in the house and the basement is 45--Western Massachusetts is like 34 outside) so I'm not really losing anything even in the first pour, as long as pressure is about 25 psi.

Comment

Nice job! This is exactly what I am looking to do. Any pictures from inside the fridge? Id like to see how you've mounted the blower. Thanks!

Comment

So why did you increase the CO2 pressure so much instead of getting 1/4" diameter or 5/16" beer line and keep CO2 @ brewery specs?

Comment

Working...
                X