Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bard
    replied
    The stainless steel probe is what you want. At least that's what I want. Yes, the tin/nickel/chrome probe will dispense beer just fine but the beer will corrode the plating off and you will be consuming whatever comes off. for dispensing, the MM site calls their kit a tapping kit. The tapping kit comes with the 5lb bottle (empty) a regulator and the gas line. The same kit is available with a D coupler for a few bucks more. The BM23 comes with a chrome plated brass faucet (remember what I said about corroding?), a plastic faucet handle and 5' 3/16" ID beer line. I replaced my 5' line with a 7'er and I think it pours better even after increasing the applied pressure which was the whole point.

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    is the mm tapping kit the dispense kit you speak of? and does it include the beer hose. i saw the blue lever s coupler has a tin/nickel probe, while the black lever has a steel probe, does that matter?
    Last edited by pa 2 va; 01-17-2008, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bard
    replied
    I have the BM23 and love it. I've never used the pressurized cleaning kits, but the hand pump works fine for me and I don't see the added benefit of upgrading. I would personally get the hand pump since it attaches to the faucet so you wouldn't need anything special for the different couplers you plan to buy. As for couplers stick to quality units that use stainless steel instead of chrome plated. I would also recommend picking up a 7' length of beer line to replace the standard 5' that will come with the dispense kit. The added length makes for a better pour. And finally don't get everything under the sun. Part of the fun of any hobby is learning as you go and researching new gadgets is always fun.

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    so far in my cart i have the s coupler, the tapping kit system (no coupler), pressurized s cleaning system. do you know if i have to buy beer hoses?

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    thanks. the guy was the best man at my wedding and i got golf clubs (pre-kids). now i wish i would have gotten a kegerator, at least i can do that and still watch the kids.

i think i need to get the following attachments:

D & S coupler
    CO2 tank
    hose lines
    2 seperate cleaners for the D and S

i am assuming the tapping kit would include all this. gotta say psycodad, you are up pretty early. i'm at work, what's your excuse?

Leave a comment:

• psychodad
    replied
    Keep in mind that if you get the pressurized bottle instead of the hand pump it taps just like a keg so you will want to order the right one.

And if I ever get married again, will you be my best man?

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    let's hope so. she appears to be a wine girl. the groom loves heineken, so i know i have to get the s coupler, but with regards to the cleaning products, are they universal. i saw mm sells products for american and euro beer.

Leave a comment:

• psychodad
    replied
    By what I've read, I'd say the BM23 would be a very nice wedding present. As long as the new wife was down with keg beer consumption.

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    thanks for all the help. i haven't seen too many things about the beverage air - bm23. i saw that it is commercial grade would either of you recommend that one? if it comes down to it i will kick in the extra money. i did see that the beverage airs don't come with any parts though.

Leave a comment:

• psychodad
    replied
    The pressurized kit is the way to go for most commercial kegs. And the Clean Flo is good no matter which one you get.

Leave a comment:

• CableGuy
    replied
    Hand Pump

Pressurized Models

Leave a comment:

• CableGuy
    replied
    I definitely agree with psychodad on this one. As far as kegerators go, you tend to get what you pay for. While definitely more expensive, the commercial grade units work much better right out of the box. The less expensive units, such as the Danbys, usually require a couple bucks and a fair amount of work to get them to work satisfactorily. As far as cleaning kits are concerned, I would be surprised to see one included with the unit. If you buy one separately I would definitely recommend one of the pressurized cleaning bottles as opposed to the hand pumps. They are more expensive but they are also much easier to use and the happy owner will be better off in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    another question to ask you. i saw that you have the danby kegerator, does cleaning supplies come with that, and if it doesn't, what do you recommend i buy for that.

Leave a comment:

• pa 2 va
    replied
    thanks. i was looking at the beverage-air, but we have a limited budget $800-$1000 and i saw that with the beverage air none of the components come along with it. is there a good product we could get for that price range?

Leave a comment:

• psychodad
    replied
    Either buy one of the commercial grade kegerators or convert a freezer or fridge for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X