BM 23 (Beverage Air) Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM 23 (Beverage Air) Wiring question

I just took my BM 23C apart for a good cleaning and to replace the t-stat and in order to get the t-stat out I took off the whole galvanized shroud which also houses the evaporater (?) fan.

My problem is that I took the wires off both the fan and t-stat and didn't pay close enough attention to what wire went to what terminal on either the t-stat or the fan.

I'm hoping somebody either knows if the white wire that goes to the fan either goes on the top or the bottom terminal of the fan. The t-stat appears to have both black wires but I think I can tell which is the ground and which is hot since it appears that the ground to the t-stat is wired into the ground of the fan.

If it's irrelivant as to which wire goes to which terminal then that's good news- if I'll blow the fan and t-stat if hooked incorrectly, thne I guess it will be an expensive learning opportunity!

Thanks in advance for all the help!

I don't recall for sure. If the fan blows away from the evaporator then you have it wired backwards. Maybe give Bev-air a call. Their tech support people have been helpfull for me in the past.

Comment

Thanks Bard- I may just have to do that- I'll post when I have a result!

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
        I just took my BM 23C apart for a good cleaning and to replace the t-stat and in order to get the t-stat out I took off the whole galvanized shroud which also houses the evaporater (?) fan.

My problem is that I took the wires off both the fan and t-stat and didn't pay close enough attention to what wire went to what terminal on either the t-stat or the fan.

I'm hoping somebody either knows if the white wire that goes to the fan either goes on the top or the bottom terminal of the fan. The t-stat appears to have both black wires but I think I can tell which is the ground and which is hot since it appears that the ground to the t-stat is wired into the ground of the fan.

If it's irrelivant as to which wire goes to which terminal then that's good news- if I'll blow the fan and t-stat if hooked incorrectly, thne I guess it will be an expensive learning opportunity!

Thanks in advance for all the help!
        It make no difference at all which wires go on the evaporator fan motor. At 115 volts the motor doesn't care.

The t-stat is nothing more than a switch... its either open or closed. In other words its simply making or breaking the same leg of power to send power to the compressor when called for. The two black wires should be the ones you want.

BTW, I do this sort of thing for a living & work on those type of units all the time. Hope this helps.
        Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 01-02-2008, 09:32 PM.
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
        X