blower power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blower power

OK. I cut the power cord off of an old lamp and connected the wires to my 15 cfm DAYTON blower. I taped the connections with alot of electrical tape. I plugged it in and the blower works. Can someone please tell me if I'm going to burn my house down or if I've done anything horribly wrong. Also I don't know anything about grounding. Thanks alot.
    Last edited by theB; 09-23-2007, 11:51 AM.

The 15 cfm offered here is 120 volt AC (regular household current).
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by theB View Post
      OK. I cut the power cord off of an old lamp and connected the wires to my 15 cfm DAYTON blower. I taped the connections with alot of electrical tape. I plugged it in and the blower works. Can someone please tell me if I'm going to burn my house down or if I've done anything horribly wrong. Also I don't know anything about grounding. Thanks alot.

I don't have the instructions handy but I think the blower is supposed to be grounded.

Use a 3-prong cord. Take the third (non-hot) wire and attach it to the body of the blower. The easiest way is to back out one of the exterior screws, wrap the wire around the screw under the head, then tighten the screw.

Comment

Wow. I must have really been drinking on 9/23

But yeah... Just taping the wires up with eectrical tape isn't the swuftest. Get some small blue wire nuts.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
        X