No announcement yet.

Nostalgia Electrics Kegerator really works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a keg of keystone and it was a tight fit. I had to run the regulator outside of the kegerator, but the keg can be squeezed in there.

Comment

Nostalgia for $288.00 at Walmart

I saw the Nostalgia at Walmart last night on clearance for $288.00. Is this a good buy considering the issues with this unit? Most sound minor.

Comment

hell- i may try it out for that price--couple mods...

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg1974 View Post
          Can anyone give me direct confirmation that the Nostalgia Kegerator will hold Coors product bulge sided kegs? I hate to spend 70 bucks on a keg of Coors and be unable to close the door...
          Yes it will Ive had mine for a week and have ran 2 Coors Light kegs in it.. They fit in there real tight but it does fit..

Comment

I'm still having trouble with my beer, can't seem to get it right. I don't have a liquid thermometer, just a digital air thermometer, and it reads 36 deg. I also have the 2 gauge regulator, and I've been running it at about 14psi. I just finished a small keg of goose island 312, and I've been screwing around with both pressure and temp, and my beer comes out with mostly head, and any liquid is completely flat. I didn't get a good glass out of the entire keg. I just purchased a 1/2 barrel of bud light for a party, and I need to get this set up right for next weekend.

I have about 5 feet of 3/16" line that I spliced in to slow down the flow of beer. I'm guessing I still don't have the temp or pressure correct yet. Any suggestions on which way to go with the settings?

Comment

Coors Keg

Just to verify between two previous posts - you got a coors keg into the unit with the Co2 tank in; yes or no - seems there was an inconsistency.

Now to the dude having foam problems - go to Wal-Mart and get a liquid thermometer in their kitchen supply isle for like $3 (worth it anyway). Get your temp to around 38 degrees, and turn your pressure down to 12 psi. With the lighter beers you should have no problem - unless where you spliced there is some kind of obstruction.

Good luck - may the force be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakedude View Post
                Just to verify between two previous posts - you got a coors keg into the unit with the Co2 tank in; yes or no - seems there was an inconsistency.

Now to the dude having foam problems - go to Wal-Mart and get a liquid thermometer in their kitchen supply isle for like $3 (worth it anyway). Get your temp to around 38 degrees, and turn your pressure down to 12 psi. With the lighter beers you should have no problem - unless where you spliced there is some kind of obstruction.

Good luck - may the force be with you.

When i took the bottle that came with the Kegerator to be filled at my local weilding supply store they dont fill them they swap them out like propane for your BBQ pit. So my bottle is a little smaller than the one that came with it but the bottle i have does fit inside of it with the Buldge Keg. Its the only bottle Ive used so im not sure if the original bottle will fit inside or not. I have a favor to ask can one of you guys take a picture of your set up with the 2 regulator system so i can see what i need to do. Ive already added about 5 ft of beer line did the temp mods (thanks for the info guys) but unless i turn my pressure off and let it bleed out im still getting a ton of foam.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Dr View Post
                  When is the last time anyone remembers any post regarding a problem with a beverage air beer miester? Spend the extra money up front and solve the problems in advance!
                  anyone with a beverage air over 10 years old will probably have had to replace their thermostat, it's a simple fix but seems to be necessary after a while.

Comment

Coors Keg Size Saga Continues

I have a 2.5 lb CO2 tank in my Nostalgia. Do Coors product kegs fit into it with this size CO2 tank? Can anyone help me, I am thirsty for some "Banquet Beer"...

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg1974 View Post
                      I have a 2.5 lb CO2 tank in my Nostalgia. Do Coors product kegs fit into it with this size CO2 tank? Can anyone help me, I am thirsty for some "Banquet Beer"...
                      Yes the 2.5 is the Tank size i have and it will fit..

Comment

Splicing beer line

I see several people have spliced the beer line on this model. Were you able to simply "plug" the 1/4 inch line into the 3/16? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Dr View Post
                          When is the last time anyone remembers any post regarding a problem with a beverage air beer miester? Spend the extra money up front and solve the problems in advance!

Re-read the OP. It was a gift.
                          Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Has anyone tried to use a larger CO2 tank?

I bought a Nostalgia kegerator from Walmart, bought a real regulator, and spliced in an additional 5 feet of beer line. Everything is working great, but my 2.5 lbs CO2 tank ran out after 2 kegs. Has anyone tried to use a 5 lbs tank? Does it fil inside with a standard keg?

Here's an updates, I purchased a 5 lbs. CO2 tank, and it fits just fine with a 1/2 a keg of yuenling.
                            Last edited by jeffdoc; 03-20-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

How to hook up the "Marble Choke"

hi everyone, new guy here....

can anyone tell me how the marble choke thing works in the Nostalgia ? the little graphic in the manual shows the marble first then the choke then the beer line connector > to the Tower... in this configuration the marble would just fall into the Coupler...

Thanks for all the great post,
                              Dail

Comment

I just got my keg of Killian's today - bulge keg had to monkey with the shelf tracks to get it in. CO2 tank wnet in behind.

Guess I have the too little pressure prblem as I have the tank wide open but the blue knob barely on - the big issue though is that the tap keeps leaking. It only completely shuts off if you push it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X