X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? Check your PM.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

• I must say that after my cheap mods to my cheap Kegerator, I love it. I replaced the stock regulator with the dual gage regulator and replaced the short beer line with 5 feet of 1/4 clear vinyl. So... for an extra $50ish added to my $288 walmart kegerator, I am pretty satisfied. The regulator made all of the difference.
      For a great fix you'll need:
      Dual Gage Regulator
      5 ft Gas hose
      Hose Clamps
      5/16" Brass Tailpiece
      Coupling Hex Nut
      Last edited by kokomojoe; 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Coors "pot bellied" kegs

This kegerator will not accommodate these types of kegs. I tried, because I wanted Killians, which is a Coors product.

Comment

• Beer Foaming problem

Originally posted by amaruenterprise View Post
          I replaced my line with a line that has the nuts attached roughly 5 1/2 inches long But I still have a damn foam problem. I've replaced the faucet, the line, the coupler. One question are there suppose to be any bubbles at all in the beer line?? I mean very small and not many at all hardly noticeable but they are there. Guys any help at all would be really appreciated. Thanks for everyone here and thanks for this forum it has been a great fu**ing help...HELP ME PLEASE.....But on a positive note the beer is very drinkable after it settles a bit...
          Their [Nostalgia Electrics] regulator is crap! Spend another $60 bucks and get a good one from Micromatics.com The one that came with mine never regulated anything and all my CO2 leaked out about every 3 days. I determined that it was leaking through the regulator. Also, make sure that you've got the beer cold enough (see other comments about T-Stat adjustments in this forum). Also the little check ball that is installed between the outlet and the wing nut is designed to regulate flow.

Comment

• Keg Pressure

The one and only time I got hold of Nostalgia Electrics, they said that the pressure should be set at about 4-6 p.s.i. HOWEVER, as I said elsewhere in this forum, their regulator is crap! Do yourself a favor and get a good one from Micromatics.

Comment

• Import kegs/taps that will fit into Nostalgia?

Does anyone have any experience with import kegs and the Nostalgia? It's really an issue more with the tap than the keg. For example, I cannot fit a 13.2 gal German Oktoberfest (Spaten or Hacker-Pshorr) with a German slider tap into one - about 1/2 inch too tall. Does anyone have experience with other taps, i.e., Irish or European?
              Last edited by tttaff; 06-26-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Went to wally world yesterday, saw this on clearance for $250...While talking to a manager about if it included everything, I noticed some scuffs on the unit, thanked the manager and started to walk away. The manager offered another $50 off, I couldn't resist nearly half off. The unit came with no instructions.

I read through this entire thread and what's funny was I putting together a summary, then I came upon muchgooder's summary post and saw he was doing the same thing, lol.

So I haven't even plugged in the unit yet, I don't even know how to put it together due to no instructions. There is a lot of O-Rings, but I think I'm going to get a new dual gauge regulator. So, you guys think I should get the premium dual gauge regulator $642 from micro matic? What 5', 3/16 line should I get from micro matic, the BREWMASTER II? Then use the existing fittings of the unit and press and clamp the new line onto the fittings? Anything else I need to do besides turning down the temperature?

Comment

• You'll want to add tower cooling too, but if you put in the parts you've listed the unit works surprisingly well.
                  Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• I spent five minutes searching micro matic, do they have a tower cooler? Hoping to place my order by today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
                      What? Check your PM.
                      Scott I appreciate your help but GREAT NEWS!!! Just got back from the OBX and where it had sit for a week without being touched it is PERFECTO!!! now. My pressure is at 12 psi and I'm getting ready to install a smart strip on the keg that I bought from you guys so I'm not to sure about the liquid temp at this point but before I left for a week it was at 36 degrees. I also would like to add that I bought the dual regulator, a new faucet, a new coupler and a longer hose and last but not least the smart strips from you guys and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of your products. Excellent !!! Also I love this forum !!! You and everyone here have been a tremendous help. Thank you and keep up the great work!!!! CHEERS ALL !!!!
                      " The Liver is Evil it Must Be Punished !!!"

Comment

• Bought a tap handle from mm and doesn't fit this kegerator! The threads are too small on the handle so the threads on the NEK are a larger then 3/8. So the only choice one really has is to buy a new faucet. $23 shipped for their cheapest one or one might consider the auto-close or lockable unit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bacardi View Post
                          Bought a tap handle from mm and doesn't fit this kegerator! The threads are too small on the handle so the threads on the NEK are a larger then 3/8. So the only choice one really has is to buy a new faucet. $23 shipped for their cheapest one or one might consider the auto-close or lockable unit...
                          yeah, the nostalgia is non standard with their equipment.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

• Here's a question. What would it take to get this kegerator to be able to dispense two pony kegs? I see MM sells dual towers and a dual keg regulator. An issue would be connecting the dual tower. The NEK has sort of a twist cam, while the MMs seem to be just screwed down. I guess just use some self tapping screws and DAP insulation foam to secure MMs dual tower. What else am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bacardi View Post
                              Bought a tap handle from mm and doesn't fit this kegerator! The threads are too small on the handle so the threads on the NEK are a larger then 3/8. So the only choice one really has is to buy a new faucet. $23 shipped for their cheapest one or one might consider the auto-close or lockable unit...
                              I'm glad I looked into this - my tap had always leaked around the seal so I had planned on ordering a new one. If I am to understand you correctly, the entire line must be replaced? Is this difficult? This is the only thing that I've yet to replace.

Comment

• Would the entire spout need to be replaced, or could it just be one or some of the replacement parts in the spout, like the maybe just the faucet lever (#6 or 6a)?
                                Last edited by djspray; 07-07-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X