Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest Freezer Modification Questions

What all do I need?

I know I need a tower system, but how do I modify the thermostat so that the temperature isn't freezing?

Any other considerations I should make?

The easiest way is to set the freezer's controls to the coldest setting and then plug it into a Brewer's Edge temperature controller.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
      The easiest way is to set the freezer's controls to the coldest setting and then plug it into a Brewer's Edge temperature controller.
      OK, thanks a lot.

Will I need to get a fan/blower for the tower unit? Also, will I need to get two separate CO2 tanks for two different kegs? Or is there a way to splice the CO2?

Comment

A cooled tower IMHO is nice, but not a must have. On my first draw of the evening, I get a spurt of foam that I toss in the sink. Amounts to maybe a swallow. Where these 1/2 to 3/4 glasses of foam come from is trying to pour beer through that first bit of foam. You just can't pour though foam. Some day I will have time to get my tower cooled, just not yet.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks, PD!

My plans have once again changed. The tower idea has been axed and I can only use a chest freezer if I build the collar.

Are those suggested?

Comment

This is what I did, and I'm quite happy with it.

Comment

Working...
            X